MrMoe

OMFG - Is that article for real? Oh paaleezzeeeee

Sloppy Kisses,
    Moe

UADNA - FL
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Florida Division

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Remember People, since E.T. was fun and entertaining, it was automatically BAD. This is STANDARD Dub logic you're dealing with here - move along, nothing to see here, show's over folks. Remember, the goal of the Governing Body is to remove all external entertainment and other influences which could possibly draw your attention away from selling their books for them.

[SYN], UADA[/b] - Unseen Apostate Directorate of Africa - For Great Justice!

• dedalus
    dedalus

The article is definitely real. I remember studying it with my parents. Ah, fine spiritual food!

For those of you going to see the movie -- remember, it's only make-believe! ROTFLOL!

Dedalus

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

what a crazy article! i remember watching et as a kid and star wars, in fact we had all three star wars movies on tape. one movie i remember my mom and some other sisters commenting on was indiana jones and the temple of doom. when the guy pulled the still beating heart out of that dude's chest, that put them over the edge. hehehe

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LOL!!!

I wonder it there was a "Special Needs" talk regarding the re-release pointing out the old article.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• LDH
    LDH

Yes, I saw it & yes it is a real article.

When that article came out, the movie had already been released for at least a month (correct me if I'm wrong).

There was already rampant talk about it in the congs. Then, everyone who had seen it was bad-mouthed by everyone who had not.

That was the beginning of the "invisible movie censorship" period.

The JWs had already taken away holidays, parties, etc. from the JW kids..... The last vestige was the movies, where at least for an hour or so you could imagine you were like any other kid, and brag about it in school on Monday.

After that article came out you had to BE VEWWY VEWWY CAREFUL about what movies you told others you had seen.

Lisa

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

Go here:

.. http://www.gospelcom.net/preview/freerev.php3?2040

for hilarious christian reviews of movies, here is their review of E.T.:

For its 20th Anniversary, Universal Pictures re-releases Steven Spielberg’s 1982 film classic in a new, improved format, including a digitally re-mixed sound track. But the story is the same and will tug on a new generation’s heartstrings just as it did when first released. Henry Thomas plays Elliott, a 10-year-old boy who lives in California with his single mother (Dee Wallace-Stone), his older brother (Robert MacNaughton) and younger sister (Drew Barrymore). When an alien spaceship accidentally leaves one of its crew near Elliot’s house, Elliot discovers the small, lovable alien and they become close friends. But government and scientific officials are looking for the alien called E.T., for extra-terrestrial, so Elliot keeps him hidden. However, Elliot must eventually let his siblings and a few friends know about E.T. Most of all, E.T. wants to return to his home planet, so Elliot helps him build a communications device to “phone home.” How E.T. adapts to his new surroundings and his attempts to return home make for a very lively, humorous and heartwarming adventure. The theme of the film is about communication and relating to those who are different from ourselves, as Elliot and his siblings come to love and respect E.T. Interestingly, E.T. has unusual capabilities, such as levitating objects, miraculously healing wounds, and even the ability to make others fly. But these are not necessarily supernatural and could be considered the technical capabilities of an advanced technological society. Unfortunately, in an angry moment, Elliot uses an anatomical term in an offensive insult meant to be obscene, but his mother thinks it is amusing. Elliot’s older brother also uses an obscenity and a few mild and moderate crudities. If not for the foul language, Preview could give an unqualified recommendation to this endearing film.
    Copyright Preview Family Movie & TV Review (www.PreviewOnline.org)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit