Why do JW read more into something than what you mean or state?

by sinis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Long story short wifes friend was preaching non stop during an emotional time for my wife. Emailed friend and kindly asked to stop preaching but still be a friend. Friend no longer contacts wife and wife is sad. So, being the better person, I emailed this friend and explained that I encourage them to talk to my wife just please don't preach. Apologized if they took my previous email in the wrong light, not my intent, etc. Why in the hell do I have to be the better person and explain myself in detail, when it was obvious what was meant in the first email? Why do these people equate not preaching to TOTAL, 100% communication CUT OFF?!?!?!?!?! Can they not be social creatures, humans? Strange and bizarre...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Black vs. white.

Win vs. lose.

Good vs. evil.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Honestly I would not have gone that extra step. If the " friend" can't be a friend without preaching she wasn't really being a friend. Going back to her and explaining yourself perhaps gave her another foot in the door. Time will tell.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

What are you saying, sinis?!? That you hate all people and like to kick puppies?!?

• sinis
    sinis

No, just trying to help my wife who is deeply depressed. Plus, she keeps talking about why her friend has not communicated with her. I feel a little guilty in some aspects, and then again I don't... Why can't people just be people, without affiliation?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Re: Why do JW read more into something than what you mean or state?

I'm sorry Sinis. What do you really mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your wife's friend probably didn't like that you sent her the email regarding her friendship with your wife. And that if preaching" or God talk is not part of the equation then she can't/ won't be able to be your wife's friend because your wife is "rejecting Jehovah". Sad, but true.

• sinis
    sinis

Rip: Yea, no doubt, sad but true. Living your life like this is pathetic. Makes me wonder how the JW's function in the "real" world...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"Rip: Yea, no doubt, sad but true. Living your life like this is pathetic. Makes me wonder how the JW's function in the "real" world..."

I'm sorry Sinis. What do you really mean?

~~~~

I know what you mean, but I'M still a JW. (LOL)

I also saw you edited your post in response to CA ;) It's more family friendly now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sinis - "Why do JW read more into something than what you mean or state?"

Habit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

every friendship in that world is conditional. There is absolutely no loyalty. My phone rang off the hook when my Mom died 3 years ago. Oh wait. No those were all my evil apostate friends calling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit