Health - has anyone else suffered long lasting health effects from years with the Borg?

by Chariklo 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    depression, since childhood but didn't know it

Same here.

I didn't get diagnosed until my mid 20s when I finally realised that not everyone saw the world with the same gloom as I did.

• d
    d

I am also a lot more angry at people and just society.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

How about being actively discouraged from working out? In high school, I was asked to join track and field and volleyball when classmates saw how I did in phy ed. Had to turn them down, since it would "distract from meetings and service". So I started running, just because I liked it and heard more of the same after people saw me in my neighborhood.

Now I'm trying to get back into fitness and it's hard. I should have just ignored those gossiping idiots.

• designs
    designs

Things improved actually, gave up alcohol the year I left and have been sober for 12 years. Other than just getting older with its expected stuff its been ok.

• Glander
    Glander

I spent so many years sitting on metal folding chairs, usually fawn in color, that I have almost no assa'tal.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I know of some that put off braces. Now they cant afford to have their teeth fixed.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Congrats designs!!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

a bit of depression but some hella public speaking skills... to bad i was discouraged from becoming a politician.

• zeb
    zeb

Jadeen you have PM.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Glander said- "I have almost no assa'tal."

Is that anything like Geritol? I think you can get some at the pharmacy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit