Health - has anyone else suffered long lasting health effects from years with the Borg?

by Chariklo 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Does anyone else feel or know that Jehovah's Witnesses damaged their health?

I know many have emerged with depression, and I'm very relieved that I am not one of them.

But, being the age I am, (a large tribe of grandchildren) I was nonetheless pressured to go out door to door in steep countryside often in bad weather, and because I was doing my best to keep up that ended in an injury which has proved to be long lasting.

And that's not counting the stress-induced consequences...I won't cite them all here, but physical. A few days in hospital and a summer spent on compulsory almost complete rest can all be laid at the Watchtower's door.The trauma of actually extricating oneself from the Borg is not stopped when one has finally written that letter that disassociates oneself from them. In my case, I wrote it about 6 weeks later. But the final literature took a lot longer for me to get out of the house. And I still find bits...found two DVD's last week.

It just came to my mind...it's first thing in the morning here...and I wondered if I am an exception or if many others can lay physical ill health firmly at the door of the Watchtower and its local tentacles. In my case, too, it is documented with my doctor and solicitor. But a total waste of time to ever think of taking any action.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Not physical health problems, there are however certain things that remind me so much of the JW days that it sickens me to my stomach. Cold canvassing (physically going out) on business for advertising - reminds me so much of going on field service so much that I start getting down very quickly.

Clapping: because of all the damn clapping we did at those bloody assemblys for no apparent reason, I will only ever clap if I genuinely loved a performance.

• zeb
    zeb

I have noticed across many many years that JW as a group are unhealthy people.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

depression, since childhood but didn't know it

• maisha
    maisha

I dont know thta they are sick more then the rest of the population, but,,,

those that are sick make sure you know ALL about it.

Those that are not sick relate when they were last sick.

Those that feel normal are generally sick but dont know it yet.

Those that are mentally unstable generally are so, (they pull in every nut case going if they can to save their arses, then wonder why they leave).

Those whom are taking anti depressants are over 40% on my last add up ( and that is just the ones i knew about).

Those that are sexually perverted are for sure.

Those that are quiet wanna be sexually perverted, they just havent had the opportunity yet.

Why are they sexually perverted, because they cannot masturbate, cannot date normally, cannot kiss easily, are forced to hide natural sexual emotions to dark secluded locations and behnd trees.

Those that kill themselves about 1-2% per congregation, usually after they been kick out of course.

thats my observation over many many years.

GRIN

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

I was a born in and I have family members who DIED PREMATURLY over neglect of high blood pressure,diabetes and other health care concerns.

They believed the new system coming any day to fix them.

Multiply this times TENS OF THOUSANDS of followers.In my case my teeth suffered never got em straightened back when I was a JW kid and my dad had insurance because I was gonna get new choppers in the post 1975 paradise.

This is a wicked murderous blood guilty cult to the core.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have major health issues--spiritual health issues--that can be traced to the washtowel. More specifically, I ended up dedicating my soul to the wrong god, and he is not keen to releasing it. Meaning it is not available to dedicate to Satan, resulting in major spiritual disability that will follow me right into whatever lives I suffer through after this one. This crap does not stop when you die, since the jehovah dedication is supposed to be forever. That is a complete waste of a soul.

Not to mention all the times I pxxxed Satan off while a witless. Every time I placed some littera-trash or went to a boasting session, or threw away something that was harmless at the request of the washtowel, Satan got an undeserved slap in the face. Not to mention pxxxing off Astaroth, who is the Goddess of fertility (who you do NOT want to pxxx off). That happened each time I went to any boasting session or placed any littera-trash that bashed fornication, placed restrictions on who you can or cannot marry, or regulated sexual activity. It also happened every time I went to the REJECT Astraoth Parties or refused to celebrate Ashtar (Easter) with colorful eggs and rabbits. And for sure I pxxxed off just about every Demon plenty of times, by placing rags and attending boasting sessions against sex, making a decent amount of money, learning, or doing research.

I would definitely say that is a serious spiritual health issue that is going to follow my soul right to its terminus.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

YES PTSD Depression

• d
    d

I have become more cyncial as I am getting older.

• solomon
    solomon

panic attacks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit