What makes Christians Christian??

by noni1974 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

I agree, Pterist. I meant only that WE do not decide who is not a christian... as in one person stating that to another person. We are not the judges.

And yes, the gift is free and available to all who seek it.

Peace,

tammy

• Pterist
    Pterist

Tec, can you fan on here ? ...I think I found my first friend here, I fan you ! :)

Shalom brother/sister

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

For me, Christians should be Christ centered. Christians do not worship YHWH and Jesus as an inferior creature.

I believe in the Trinity-not in the specifics of the Nicene Creed but as different aspects of God's action.

Paul is the ultimate Christian theologian. He wrote that we are fools for Christ. Christ is the ultimate for Paul. YHWH is the Jewish belief. The primacy of Christ is when Greek Chistians prevailed over Jewish Christians.

Another interesting read is the The Imitation of Christ, attributed to Thomas a Kempis, a Middle Ages guide to being Christian.

Jesus Himself (the capital H is crucial) said we would know by the love we have for each other. No love in the Witnesses.

Sadly, though, Christian groups are self-reported Christian. Any group can claim to be Christian. The Mormons are even further from Christ than the Witnesses.

• tec
    tec

Shalom Pterist,

tammy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

tec not too sure if one of the comments were directed at me.... about being christ like - as I had mentioned it in my post??? I do agree with you and only used christ in this instant because of the title of the thread - directed at christians - they must walk the past of christ.

I am not a christian - don't believe in christ as my god and savior yet I am christ-like in my walk, or I am buddah like .... i hope that makes some sort of sense.

And if not directed at me - no worries.

• tec
    tec

Oh, i was just clarifying Cofty's question to me. So no, not directed to you or even anyone, LouBelle, and i understand what you are saying.

Peace,

tammy

• noni1974
    noni1974

Can someone be called by Christ and not know it?? Just wondering because there are some very good people in the world that are not Christian, yet they display all the kindness and love called for by Jesus in the bible. I know because I am not a Christian and yet I would give anyone the shirt off my back if they needed it. In fact Tuesday I will go to my Phi Theta Kappa meeting to help wrap christmas gifts for homeless children and make gift bags of small personal items that I have helped collect for the last year to the children's parents. I follow the golden rule yet I don't do it because a god told me to. I do it because I think it's a good idea. I also think that if more people treated others the way they wanted to be treated themselves we might have a lot less problems in the world.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I know because I am not a Christian and yet I would give anyone the shirt off my back if they needed it. In fact Tuesday I will go to my Phi Theta Kappa meeting to help wrap christmas gifts for homeless children and make gift bags of small personal items that I have helped collect for the last year to the children's parents.

Living a lie, eh?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The indwelling Holy Spirit.

• designs
    designs

James, James the Just, had a different take on what it means to be a christian from Paul, probably why Martin Luther wanted to delete the book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit