My Introduction

by Left in the Cold 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome and thanks for the intro post!

Left in the Cold: I feel like I have the potential to be free of all the feelings of impending doom

You do, you can, you will!

Naturally, being disfellowshipped, you have been Left in the Cold by the congregation and your former JW friends. But you will find much support here.

BTW, don't worry about spelling errors, we can deal with that!

In the meantime, be assured that we understand your need to get reinstated for family & the few friends that will be true. But don't be surprised if even then as an inactive one many don't cast you by the wayside. It's just the way they are.

00DAD

• Dagney
    Dagney

LitC: Welcome! We sure do understand what you are going through. There are numerous accounts here of how people coped and were successful...all different and still very much the same.

It's a strange and unfamiliar life when you are going through the transition of leaving. It can take years. But it is so very worth it to do the work to survive being raised in a cult and escaping. All will be well if you keep moving forward.

We all want to save our loved ones. Some on here have been successful. Most have not. If people do not question anything, it is almost hopeless. Be sure to focus on yourself first. As you grow strong and are happy, it is the very best example to your loved ones. The very very best. It makes them question even though they may not do it verbally.

Wish you the best and look forward to your posts.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You said:

I feel like I have the potential to be free of all the feelings of impending doom, never being good enough, constant guilt, and so on.

These all sound to me like great reasons NOT to try to get reinstated.

• jam
    jam

Welcome left in the cold. Happy to have you on board.

There is some comfort in knowing you are not the only

one going thru this madness. You are young, you whole

life in front of you, things will get better.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Welcome Left in the Cold. You sound like a few JWs I knew. Do a lot of research before you decide whether or not to go back. Losing friends and famil can be extremely difficult bit there are benefits to being free from WT tyranny.

• Thor
    Thor

Hi Left in the Cold! and welcome!

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Thank you, everyone. It's very nice to be able to talk to people who understand. I thought after being reinstated that I would move to a different part of the state I'm in. I have that move already planned for early spring to go back to school. Just go off the radar, so to speak.

How did I get disfellowshipped twice? You guys know the JW answer to that one. I wasn't repentant enough, right?

I haven't made my mind up for certain about reinstatement. Your comments on the subject are very thought provoking. My sister says the same thing. I am still thinking on it.

I look very forward to meeting many of you on here. Thank you again for your support. Very much.

• Etude
    Etude

Left in the Cold:

Watt spelen erorz? Hey, a big hug to you and my sincere desire that you thrive as you go on your new journey.

It's really hard and very different for each person. You have a unique set of circumstances. They are unique because you are you. Many other people have been in similar circumstances, but your response and experience are exclusively yours.

Still, I would hope that you don't go back and shore up the consequences of feeling alone and abandoned with either a determination to work through it or start now and build some alternate relationships. ldrnomo is right and they will probably start to think of you and treat you as if you were DFed. Very few people get to show compassion in the JWs because they are trained not to do so and the ones that do show some caring often hold back for fear.

I think you'll find a lot of encouragement here. I saved myself a lot of money on therapy by being here. I hope you do the same. Welcome!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! Keep up the therapy, and keep coming back here. You'll find support among people who have stood where you now stand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit