The UN's motto means the END OF DAYS!! Gloom and DOOM

by Honeybucket 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Jws constantly cling to any remotely significant world event as being a sign that the end is near. This serves as reaffirmation that they haven't wasted their lives waiting for it to come.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember every time some big event happened I would roll it around in my mind trying to come up with a scenario that would lead to The End.

The Society isn't going to discourage the R&F from grabbing hold of anything that keeps them in a state of urgency.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The bible has it both ways. Not only in the last days are nations supposed to be warring against nations, but they are also supposed to declare peace and security.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I clicked on the link from Desi and the 1st line was this:

The UN proclaimed the year 2012 the International Year of Cooperatives (IYC 2012).

It's common for these emails, or back in the old days, letter getting faxed around, to just do the rounds a re-runs, and presented as current thinking. That email may have originated as a letter back to 1986. I started studying in 1988 and it was still fresh in everyone's mind.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The Witnesses are pathetic. I laughed out loud when I read that.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

That's funny...

The official charter of the UN, adopted back in 1945, refers to "threats to" and "maintenance of" "international peace and security". Over and over and over...

Their motto for this year may just be a reminder to themselves of their mission statement...

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Hmmm... still here :D

• Bobcat
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I checked. This is not the year of "Peace and Security". What JW is going to "contaminate" themselves and actually go to the UN website?

This is the international year of Quinoa and Water Cooperation.

Next year it's Small Island Developing States, Crystallography, and Family Farming.

Heady stuff.

http://www.un.org/en/events/observances/years.shtml

On the main site, however, there's a tab for "Peace and Security", along with Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian Affairs, and International Law. Of course, military security is different from home and hearth security. When I think of that scripture, I think of the latter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit