Regarding the Nepal earthquake

by Syme 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Syme
    Syme

Over 6,100 dead in Nepal until now.

A huge disaster, a terrible tragedy, and in front of that, the average j-dub will have in his mouth the "earthquakes from place to place will happen" prophecy.

A tragedy of that size happens, and what do JWs do? They almost rejoice, because in their mind it "fulfills" Bible prophecy, and on top of that, they can't wait to see what POSITIVE impact on the preaching work that disaster is going to have.

Remember that famous photo-of-the-year, where a vulture waits for that starved African boy to die, so that it can eat the body?

That's the case here. Thousands die, and what do JWs do? They rush to advertise their "truth" and gain followers.

Disgust, only.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Amen to that!

You summed it up very well!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There is a scripture somewhere that says," Woe to those craving Jeehoobidoob's day.." ( Paraphrase...ahem..)

When you hear dubs going on and on about disasters in an orgasmic rapture-like manner, just bust out that scripture.

There was a meeting part this week about unleashing the power of God's word. I recommend reminding them about the old JW saying, " God's word says it, and that's that.", and then reading them the above verse.

DD

• rebel8
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It reminds me of the time I heard a bunch of JW's talking about how complacent everyone is getting these days....even JW's. One woman (Sister Jones) said "What we need is a good earthquake to bring us all to our senses".

There was a smart aleck teen standing nearby who said out loud to one of his friends.

"Pfffft....did you hear that....Sister Jones is actually HOPING for an earthquake"

Everyone broke out laughing and Sister Jones gave him the filth look.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Hey Pete, I bet that if the earthquake happened to sis jones personally, then her tune would be very different!
  • Divergent
    Divergent

The smart aleck teen... is he still in or out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit