Did You Know ....? [Rutherford]

by RR 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

No, it was Professor Plum in the Dining Room with the Dagger!

• TR
    TR

If JF's nutritionist was at his side when he died, did she watch the rats chewing on him? If she was, there should be no mystery surrounding his death. Somewhere to someone, she would have described his death, and possibly have known where he was buried.

It seems to be common that leaders of orgs. get some on the side. It must be the power, or they're just horny dudes. What say you, Mr. Clinton?

TR

• TR
    TR

No, No, NO! Prisca.

It was Clinton in the oval office with the cigar!

TR

Edited by - TR on 31 January 2001 12:12:52

• larc
    larc

RR and TR,

According to a man that testified at the Olin Moyle trial, Rutherford had colon cancer at least 5 years before his death, and that was the cause. (This man worked in Rutherford's private office) One thing to check, if possible. Was there a convention in San Diego at the time, where he was scheduled to speak? One thing that causes me to doubt the rat theory is the fact that he lived in a well kept mansion. They might have one rat in the basement, but I doubt the rat pack idea.

According to the book "Visions of Glory", Rutherford was buried three months after his death in Woodrow Cemetary on Statan Island, New York, next to the WT property, where they had WBBR and a farmhouse where Rutherford went on the weekends to get away from business to write.

6:00 news: "Armageddon is here, details at 11:00"

• larc
    larc

RR,

Haven't heard from you for awhile. How goes it? Any comments on my last comments?

I would be interested in your forthcoming book on Russell, Charles Taze, not Burtrand, that is. Of what I've read so far, I think Penton took a neutral stance, while Harrison had a negative bias. I would think that yours might have a positive bias or at least a positive slant. Can you be truely neutral when you are positively disposed towards the man to begin with? Anyway, I should think that your book would be thorough, with the extensive resources you have.

• RR
    RR

Hi Larc,

I take it you got my e-mail about the Russell quote. I've been a bit busy traveling and speaking.

The research of the book is complete and am in teh writying stage, however with all mt responsibilities, work, church, family, etc. Time is limited, I haven't touiched the book all this year and barely put a dent in it last year, but am determined to do a lot of writing in the next few months if I can get motivated.

I have spoken to Jim Penton, he told me that were he to update the book, he would put a different slant on it, for some reason his association with the Free Bible Students, a group that broke away from the Society in 1909 has put a bad taste in his mouth and he truly dislikes Russell, mkore so than he ever did, so he admitted that he would not be so kind to Russell in a revision.

Would I be biased? I don't think so, my aim is to record the facts and let the reader determine for themselves what is truth and what is fallacy. The book is a history of Russell and the IBSA, it is not a book about the Society or the witnesses, although a little chapter will be written about Rutherford and the genesis of the JW's.

As to Rutherford death? I have heard from numerous old timers who knew Rutherford that he died during a fall ion his basement, couild this have been one of those urbanm legends? Could be, But there are two sides, the Society's, he died in bed, and the Bible Students, he died by fall. However, since the Bible Students care very little about the Society it's no big deal. To my knowledge, no one has ever seen Rutherford's grave, at least no one I know of.

In the 1950s, there was an article in a San diego paper from a Witness who claimed to have dug the grave in which Rutherford was put in, at Beth Sarim in the middle of the night, I don't have the article a friend of mind many years ago showed it to me, I never made a copy because it wasn't of interest to me at the time. And we are no longer friends.

btw ... I did do some researchj some years ago and there was a convention in San Diego when he died.

• Roddy
    Roddy

>>The events of his death were reported by some Bible Students I know very well. Rutherford was to appear at a convention to speak, when he failed to show up, some of the friends went to pay him a visit, they found him lying in the basement, his face fed on by rats, rumors have it of course that Rutherford was buried on the property of Beth Sarim, in private conversation, Fred Franz admits to this, however no one has never seen the supposed grave of Rutherfod anywhere!<<

I realize that this is an old thread. But someone posted a reply, it became current again, and it got my interest.

I have to admit, there has never been any mention of Rutherford's death in the WTS articles. I know about the death of Russell but always the same story that he died on a train while enroute.

Years later I understand why Russell's grave was never mentioned. An no autopsy? But I wonder about Rutherford. Come to think of it, how about Knorr, Franz, Milton??????? Why is the WTS so silent?

I think the part about rats feeding on Rutherford's dead face is amazing. Amazing if it was true and amazing if it was false. I wonder if the funeral was an open casket ceremony? That's a new one. I heard that he was a tobacco smoker but a drinker and a womanizer as well? And this was the president of JWs? That too is amazing.

Anybody know of posts, links, or books that talks about the death and burial of the WTS presidents?

• hippikon
    hippikon

Rutherfords cause of death was Colon Cancer. ( that’s right – Arse hole cancer – Now that’s poetic justice.) Farkel posted the death certificate on this forum about 2 years ago. Sorry no fall down the stairs & no rats. I must admit it is an appealing story but no truth in it. (If you want to believe lies nothing has changed for you has it)

• Farkel
    Farkel

Roddy,

: I wonder if the funeral was an open casket ceremony?

It wouldn't have mattered. There were only 4 people at his funeral, and Knorr and Franz weren't among them. Neither was Da Judge's son, Malcolm. Obviously, then Rutherford's funeral wasn't open to the public or even to dubs in general. Obviously, Knorr and Franz didn't think enough about him to show up, either.

Evidence for this information will be found in my thread on Beth Sarim.

Farkel

• Francois
    Francois

I have seen a copy of Joe Rutherford's death certificate. He died of cancer of the rectum. Now I know there's a pun in there somewhere, but I just can't find it. Any help?

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit