Did You Know ....? [Rutherford]

by RR 33 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

I would rather wait awhile. I want to pull together my records to provide detail rather than answering off the top of my head. Also, I want to check with a couple of possible resouces to see if I can get more information.

Suffice it to say that this person never directly told me her role, but the circimstantial evidence is very strong.

By the way, this is a subject that I have not shared with many people over my life time, because the woman in question was a very fine person in many ways.

• Deacon
    Deacon

aah, we are back to circumstancial evidence once more.

That is not very fair. I dont mind blaming the GB for factual inconsistencies, that is the right of every thinking person, but to blatantly post as a fact that Rutherford had a mistress only to retract or "explain" later that you were basing it on hearsay....or unproven evidence..........in a court of law you would be found guilty of slander, and rightly so.

come on RR, the reason the GB win credibility is precisely because of comments like yours. You didnt let the truth stand in the way of the facts...

Please, why dont you stick to facts, and that way we wont become another group of people believing untruths.....

• larc
    larc

Deacon,

Some facts. The woman abandoned her husband and moved to Bethel. Two years after her abandonment, the husband sent the divorce papers to Bethel. Her job was: Rutherford's niutrionist. (Is that a full time postion?) Her living quarters were in close proximity to his. She did not work long hours as a full time housekeeper like most of the sisters. She traveled to Beth Sarim every winter with Ruterford. She was at Rutherford's side at Beth Sarim when he died. She lived at Beth Sarim after Rutherford's death, until it was sold. Those are the facts that can be docuemented. You be the judge.

• Deacon
    Deacon

So how do I get these facts documented.

• larc
    larc

Deacon,

Right now you don't. As I said earlier, I plan to put it all together later.

• Deacon
    Deacon

Fair enough...:)

I like facts

• larc
    larc

RR,

What is your knowledge of Rutherford's mistress? Anything more that I wrote? Maybe he had more then one.

By the way, I got mixed up on the train thing. That was Russel as you pointed. But I did her the Rutherford died of cancer. Seems to me there would have to be some records in San Diego.

• RR
    RR

Larc, not a whole lot more than what you added. We do know that she ca,e to bethel around 1922, and within a year or two, she was sitting on Rutherford's lap playing his personal secretary, they were like siamese twins, inseparable, I think we have pictures of them in our archives, but am not too sure! Mind you, while the Judge and sge lived in Beth Sarim, Mary Rutherford was living the life of an invalid a few block away in an apartment! That may have bveen the reason why Malcolm departed ways!

• larc
    larc

RR,

You are describing another incident. The person I'm talking about didn't get to Bethel until 1938.

• circare
    circare

Now let's see that was

Russell in the train with the poison, and
    Rutherford in the basement with the rats,.....

or was that in the library with the dagger? I get so confused!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit