Psychics fail test in controlled setting

by EntirelyPossible 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20145664

The test by researchers at Goldsmiths, University of London, tried to establish whether mediums could use psychic abilities to identify something about five unseen volunteers.

The results, carried out under test conditions, did not show evidence of any unexplained powers of insight.

But medium Patricia Putt said this experiment "doesn't prove a thing".

This Halloween challenge was an attempt to investigate whether professional mediums could demonstrate their psychic powers in a controlled setting - by inviting them to deduce something about people they had never met and could not see or hear.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Devil's advocate: Mediums and psychics are different; no wonder the experiment didn't work, since they didn't have any clue what they were doing. Not to mention that many forms of divination require contact to establish an astral link before any information can be gleaned.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

They always make that argument when they can't do what they say they are capable of.

• Soledad
    Soledad

The researchers seemed to be attempting to prove or explain precognition.

As far as I know, mediums facilitate communication between the living and the dead.

I don't know if the researchers were right to select mediums to participate in this type of test.

I don't know if I myself were a medium I would consent to being tested for this specific type of phenomena.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

shouldn't the psychics have known in advance that they would have failed?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

One would think. Amazing how that never happens and they fail every single time. If only there was some scientific way to predict future trends based on past events....like some type of math...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

wha happened-

shouldn't the psychics have known in advance that they would have failed?

~~~~~~~

Yes, but maybe , like Jehovah, they choose not to use their foreknowledge of events.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why do you need to advertise a psychic fair???

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Psychics fail test in controlled setting..

I Predicted that Would Happen..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• cofty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit