Having small children go door to door without their parents.

by life is to short 21 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You are not wrong one little bit. I absolutely agree with you, that seems definitely strange to me, what sort of parents are those? JW's are so naive and gullible. Good on your for warning others about those paedos in the congregation (3 in one congregation!!, Jesus), that was very brave of you. Shame on the elder who threatened to DF you for doing that, for fooks sake what is wrong with the man.

• happy@last
    happy@last

I totally understand, it makes me feel sick thinking about the possibilites of that situation. If your husband found it strange also, maybe he can call the bethel service desk, maybe anoymously, and voice his concerns.

• carla
    carla

As a non jw I cannot even comprehend any mother allowing this. My own jw still claims this sort of thing does not happen. How can he be so damn stupid?

You are right to be concerned.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember years ago some parents dumping their kids off at the hall for field service but not going out themselves.

Even in later years there were several times when it would be my husband and me and someone else's kids. How can a parent be comfortable with that?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Your response is logical, human, and decent. Why are you still in the cult is a better question. You already knew the answer to this question before you posted it.

• life is to short
    life is to short

cagefighter

I am not still in the cult! My husband is and I have no choose about his going in field service.

In fact I totally hate it. My husband wonders why we do not have a marriage and blames me.

I work Monday through Friday, he is gone Saturday and Sunday to the cult. Yet it is my fault we do not spend time together.

LITS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Never mind just the pedophiles within the congregation, though that is bad enough. Suppose the person with the child makes a bad turn, and ends up in the wrong territory, leaving the child without the parents. Or if the child ends up getting hurt while out in the territory (such as a fall down stairs, a dog bite, or something like that). And do you really want your children in the houses of strangers, some of who may also be pedophiles or sex traffickers, without their parents?

I think it's better for small children to be in the presence of their parents or nearly-adult children (say, old enough to babysit without supervision). They are better off working in the family unit, so if anything does happen, at least one parent is going to be on hand to deal with it. Better yet, having them not go out at all--children can get hurt, and they should not be out there for prolonged periods of time anyways.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Here, a little nine year old girl regularly goes out door to door with individual brothers not related to her, including elders.

In this country, in most religious organisations, that would go right against any safeguarding good practice. I was very shocked to see it.

Her parents are a very brainwashed mother and a ministerial servant who is clearly an aspiring elder.

• flipper
    flipper

LITS- At first I found it surprising that your husband didn't make the recommendation to the other men in his car group that the little girl should go with her family or other young ones in service. But seeing that my wife and I know you and your husband pretty well- I know that YOU would have spoken up if you were there as you are courageous ( as well as free of mind control ) , however I feel your husband is still quite intimidated by the authority and position of elders in his congregation and is still manipulated by the mind control and power tactics of the elders. So that's probably why your husband allowed this to go down without saying anything , am I assuming correctly you think ? Just curious. Take care sis. Hang in there, I know it's tough but remember these JW elders are being trained to be criminals by the WT society - not " crags in a waterless country ". We are all dealing with a criminal organization here that allows criminally negligent proceedings to go on. It's sick and twisted. Peace out, mr. Flipper P.S. Wife says hi, and we hope to talk soon ! Hang in there kiddo.

• EmergedAsMe
    EmergedAsMe

I have seen this as well with kids going with adult men who were no relation, it bothered me even though as jw at time i wanted to think the best. Now i know about pedo covers the memory makes me even more uncomfortable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit