Did You Know .... ? [Russell]

by RR 12 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Thanks, RR.

Looked up quote from Penton - I will not quote him as that is your burden of proof. You made all the statements with no proof.

Btw, Penton states that he got information from 1906 WT, but gives no quote.

Without proof - it's just you saying that Penton said it. I looked and Penton said it - but he didn't prove it either.

That's the way with words. As Farkel says - he who makes the argument is the one who must prove the argument. Not the other way around. Without proof - just opinions. Interesting, but that's all.

Points 1 and 2 are just oddities, neither right or wrong.

waiting

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

hmmm, sounds like a man not very appreciative of Jehovahs loving arrangements!

Or with an abnormally low sex drive.

• RR
    RR

Waitings stated:

Without proof - it's just you saying that Penton said it. I looked and Penton said it - but he didn't prove it either.

Not wanting to be labeled a "liar" or one who spreads rumors without support, I give you the following quotation taken from the July 1906 Watch Towerpage 221, or the Watch Tower Reprints page 3815, under the subheading of THE COURT RECORDS, there it reads:

Mrs. Russell's bill of complaint admitted that there had been no cohabitation between herself and her husband, and her attorney attempted to make out of this that she was deprived of one of the chief pleasures of life. The Court would not permit this. The fact is that the matter was in Mrs. Russell's own control.

She did understand that her husband preferred to live a celibate life, but she agreed and expressed the same as her preference. She knew his teachings on the subject, as now expressed in DAWN, VOL. VI., chap. 12--that neither the husband nor the wife may "defraud" the other of reasonable marital rights.

Edited by - RR on 31 January 2001 0:21:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit