Did You Know .... ? [Russell]

by RR 12 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

Did you know ....

1. That Charles and Maria Russell NEVER consummated their marriage?

2. That His Father, Jospeh remarried ... Maria's sister, making Charles sister-in-law, his step-mother?

3. That he learned most of his theology from the Advent Christian Church?

4. That he didn't believe in organization.

5. Were he alive today, he'd be disfellowship for apostasy by the same organization he founded?

Edited by - RR on 27 January 2001 13:43:19

• waiting
    waiting

Again, hey RR,

How does one prove that a couple has never had sex of any type with each other? I've not read that anywhere, even in the divorce proceedings.

Thanks again for posting proof of all your statements.

waiting

• RR
    RR

As to points 2,3 and 5, these proofs I have in my historical archives, but it is no secret, these documents can be found in the county courthouses pf Pittsburgh and Allehgheny, PA.

As to points 1, consider this, Russell admits to such in a 1906 Watch Tower Article, also it is documented in "Apocalypse Delayed" by Jim Penton.

As to point 4, consider this one quote:

"In view of these facts and also of the nature of the harvest work, and the addition. In fact that each one so gathered is expected to enter into the harvest work as a reaper, and will do so to the extent of his ability and opportunity, it is plain that the forming of a visible organization of such gathered out ones would be out of harmony with the spirit of the divine plan; and, it done, would seem to indicate on the part of the Church a desire to conform to the now popular idea of organization or confederacy. (See Isa. 8:12.) ... While, therefore, we do not esteem a visible organization of the gathered ones to be a part of the Lord's plan in the harvest work, as though we expected as an organization to abide here for another age, we do esteem it to be his will that those that love the Lord should speak often one to another of their common hopes and joys, or trials and perplexities, communing together concerning the precious things of his Word, and so help one another, and not forget the assembling of themselves together as the manner of some is; and so much the more as they see the day approaching. -- Mal. 3: 16; Heb. 10:25." (Zion's Watch Tower, 1894, p. 384.)

• claudia
    claudia

RR, please give me proof that taking a laxative and a sleeping pill in the same night is not a good idea. A reputable medical journal will do. (couldnt resist)

• RR
    RR

Claudia ... tell you what .... try it and get back to me in a few days ... lol

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why would anyone tell others that they had not consumated their marriage? Just curious as to the context of said admission.

for that matter, why would anyone not consumate their marriage?

• RR
    RR

This is nothing new, it was quite common in those day, victorian marriages, Russell had taken a vow of chasitity, Maria knew of this and accepted it, as she too took the vow, they felt they could better serve the Lord, apparently Maria wanted to break that vow, she may have been a sexually frustrated women.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey RR,

Again, where would the quote be from Penton proving that the two never, ever, had any type of sex in their marriage?

And Penton's documentation, because he, like us, would need valid documentation to have his comments accepted.

You put up a lot of unsubstantiated comments - then waited for us to question you. We questioned. You have provided partial information, very little validation.

Am looking forward to your proofs.

waiting

• RR
    RR

Do you have Pentons book, look at page 35 second paragraph, he also gives references in the back of the book!

I made the comments without "proof" so as to keep the thread going with people like you wanting proof! :)

• larc
    larc

Waiting,

Jim Penton has a PhD in religious history and is a very good scholar. You should buy his book and read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit