Did Jesus Sin?

by KJV 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Beans
    Beans

And I thought you were just a sex starved individual! What a Thread KJV,were you an Elder?

I think the whole thing about this Jesus person dieing is because it was a BIG SCAM and the schemers knew he would die eventually and if they didn`t kill him they knew he couldn`t live forever and the whole SCHEME would be shot! So now everybody believes it and the Churches get cash from hard working Peasants!

Beans

• KJV
    KJV

willy think,

You quoted Deuteronomy 27:26 where it says that whoever doesn't keep the Law is "cursed". The Jews were the only ones under obligation to keep the Law because of the covnent that God made with Abraham, so Goyim or the Gentiles wouldn't have been cursed for not keeping the Law because they were not under the Law. You said "By accepting the suffering due to our guilt Jesus enables our hearts to be opened up to having a true faith....". If we stick by your reasoning on the ransom, Jesus sacrifice would benefit only the Jews because only they would have guilt for not keeping the commandments of the Mosiac Law.

We could debate forever why Jesus said "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?", but I feel that we would have to have been there to really get the jist of why he said it. From an apologist view I think you gave a good answer. But answer me this: "Could" or "Did" Jesus sin? If he had sinned would have God destroyed the universe immediately, or would He have waited till now to destroy all of mankind?

Beans,

Who said I was sex starved? And besides, elders get plenty of sex.

• Animalistic1
    Animalistic1

Jesus was a sacrifice for us... He not only suffered physical torture, but emotional torture as well because all the sins of mankind were put upon Him while He hung on that cross. That is why He called out "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken me?" God cannot look upon sin. He had to look away while Jesus was dying for our sin. Remember, in the Old Testament, the Jewish people had to sacrifice a perfect lamb... a lamb without blemish... in order to gain God's grace and mercy on them. Therefore, Jesus had to be perfect. He was the Sacrifice for us, the Lamb of God; and since He was perfect, He had to be God. It would mean absolutely nothing if Jesus had sinned and then died on the cross for us; He would have been no different than us, and His sacrifice would mean nothing. It certainly would not be sufficient to take away our sin. I praise The Lord that He came to earth Himself to die in my place.

• willy_think
    willy_think

KJV,

I had to bang this out, I hope you find it an adequate answer to answer your question.

Mosaic Law is a set of behaviors that bring gods favor and saves one from his judgment it's true only Jews were expected, by other Jews, to live under the Law but that is not to say that gods favor could or would be given to any one outside the law is it? if a baby killing rapist pagan looks in his temple for gods favor can we exact him to receive it? no. only in the holy of holys did God interact with ANY people. In the holy of holys were only Jews, because they were chosen to receive and obey the law.

Goyim or the Gentiles wouldn't have been cursed for not keeping the Law because they were not under the Law.
    they were not under the law but they were cursed by it, for by the observance of the law one receives gods favor. This is so even today, only the laws have changed.
    You said "By accepting the suffering due to our guilt Jesus enables our hearts to be opened up to having a true faith...."
    true faith, thru the holy spirit that is pored out on all men.
    If we stick by your reasoning on the ransom, Jesus sacrifice would benefit only the Jews because only they would have guilt for not keeping the commandments of the Mosaic Law.

if the only benefit that Jesus' sacrifice was to free the Jews from sin incurred threw the violation of mosaic law that would be true, but Jesus sacrifice did much more then that. the curtain was torn asunder and God is open to all people now. Jesus washed original sin indeed all sin with his blood. the holy spirit was sent to all man not just the Jews. Ex..
    But answer me this: "Could" or "Did" Jesus sin? But answer me this: "Could" or "Did" Jesus sin? If he had sinned would have God destroyed the universe immediately, or would He have waited till now to destroy all of mankind?

Could? The option was open to him as a man.

Did? No. Jesus did not fall out of gods favor, we can see this in Jesus' gift of the holy spirit on Pentecost, the bodily resurrection and of course all of revelation.

If he had sinned would have God destroyed the universe immediately, or would He have waited till now to destroy all of mankind?

what makes you think that if Jesus had sinned the effect would be gods destruction of the universe? I don't know what would have happened if Jesus failed in his task.

Animalistic1,
    Hi Newbie,And welcome to the bord!!

You have me stumped here.

God cannot look upon sin. He had to look away while Jesus was dying for our sin. Remember, in the Old Testament, the Jewish people had to sacrifice a perfect lamb... a lamb without blemish... in order to gain God's grace and mercy on them. Therefore, Jesus had to be perfect. He was the Sacrifice for us, the Lamb of God; and since He was perfect, He had to be God. It would mean absolutely nothing if Jesus had sinned and then died on the cross for us; He would have been no different than us, and His sacrifice would mean nothing. It certainly would not be sufficient to take away our sin.
    God cannot look on sin? where did you get this from?
    how did he know any thing was wrong with the world?
    What lead you to believe there is something God can't see?
    (John 1:5)
    The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
    (Jphn 3:19)
    And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.

The Great and Powerful Oz:

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit