Is CoC out of print?

by AK - Jeff 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks wannabefree

• Incognito
    Incognito

Commentary Press website indicates that:

Update: Due to the recent passing of Commentary Press founder Raymond Franz, the Commentary Press eStore is temporarily suspending shipments of hardbound and softbound publications as we go through a restructuring. In the meantime, downloadable PDF versions of select titles remain available for purchase through the eStore. Hardbound and softbound editions of many Commentary Press titles may continue to be purchased from a retailer such as Amazon.com

Some PDF's are listed for sale here: http://www.commentarypress.com/index-estore.html

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Bookmarking

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder if the WT lawyers have offered to buy the copyrights for his books?- never to see the light of day again.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I wonder if the WT lawyers have offered to buy the copyrights for his books?- never to see the light of day again.

If they do that it will keep popping up as a free download in a lot of places out of reach of WT lawyers. Bet on it.

• binadub
    binadub

Cynthia Franz still owns the printing rights to Ray Franz's books. When the Commentary Press supply is depleated (a way to go yet), Amazon will "print on demand" for orders. At present, the best place to order the books is--as wannabefree posted--Cynthia's "shops" page at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/shops/AVFZGPUNCYB1T

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the input. I forgot to mention that the prices I referred to were for used copies - new ones were $150 plus as mentioned by another poster.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thinking about the suggestion of another poster that the WTS may try to buy the rights to this book someday, and thereby stop circulation of new print copies - I wonder if anyone within the xjw community [maybe Watters?] has the money and know-how to buy the rights and keep it available? After all, Cynthia is not young, and in time the Watchtower wolves may try to get the rights somehow when the time is right.

If I had the money to do so, I would buy the copywrite [if offered] myself and seek to keep it in print. Perhaps a coalition of xjws could do it together somehow. This would be a terrible loss IMO if the WTS swallowed it up.

Jeff

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bump

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit