Has the rescent change in the identity of the FDS been released in print yet

by A.M. Number 1 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

It seems as though it's a formal consolidation of power. Not that they didn't have it, but somewhere along the line someone realized they needed authority from God. If a committee is going to claim the authority to change doctrine or establish it as being authoritive, it's not enough to just publish it in the monthly magazines. Apparently this has become an issue, and it should. At some point the members of the Governing Body needed to shift the balance from being corporate executives to having the actual authority from God to speak decisively on theological issues.

But how does the information, or data, get from God's mouth to their ears? That's going to be the toughest issue they're going to have to address, and how the mechanics work is going to be the difficulty. They've pretty much ruled out angels, theophanies and visions, so what to do? The Catholics explain the Pope's inspiration as being latent—present but not evident. The Pope makes a declaration and even though he's not aware of any inspiration being present, it is in a way that even he doesn't understand. It's like the assumption of Mary into Heaven. Well, I agree with them...she was assumed into heaven, and it was the Pope who made the asumption! There was no scripture supporting it, neither was there any traditons. It was just something that Catholics think just came from Heaven, was focused into that pointy hat he wears and goes into his head without him being aware of it. Then he declares it! No one ever asks him how it came to him; it's enough that he said it. And as far as I can tell, this is exactly how it comes to the Governing Body. It's latent inspiration. The Governing Body also is self sustaining, and the members are invited to participate. When one of them dies or otherwise vacates a seat, the general membership has nothing to say on who moves into the body. In essence they become dictators, and if you don't like something they say, it's their way or the highway! And not only can they create and change doctrine, they can even turn your family and friends against you.

Now some may say, "Well, there's nothing new about this. Isn't that how the ancient apostles acted and were chosen?" Yes, but they did see angels, have theophanies, dreams, visions and other forms of revelation. The Governing Body does not. Had they been running things anciently, they wouldn't have needed Peter to have a revelation about taking the Gospel to the Gentiles or changing the policy on circumcision...they just would have done it without being aware of how or where it came from. And members wouldn't be justified in debating the blood transfusion issue—because the policy dictating it would come from the Governing Body, and it would no longer be a matter of exegesis, but of revelation from God.

That's quite a change when you think about it.

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Just rechecking the latest on this issue.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

WT April 15, 2013 page 29... see illustration

• prologos
    prologos

physi, desireous all along, you are right, it was writing from Brokklyn all along, but how about the rest of the idea,

No Faithful Slave before 1919?

the apostles, older man, Pauls' writings all written off, not food in due season?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Yes. It's official!

From the jw.org website:

NOVEMBER 9, 2012

Annual Meeting Report

“Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?”

The evidence points to the following conclusion: “The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.” - [Emphasis added]

Note: Keep in mind that this doctrinal change relies on the same kind of "evidence" that brought us the "Overlapping Generation" doctrine.

But if you mean, has this been published in a WT, then I believe the answer is still, "No."

Apparently Holy Spirit has directed that only people with the internet--that evil instrument of Satan's--shall have access to this New Light.

If you already know about his change, then the illustration in the WT April 15, 2013, page 29, does imply it, but it is NOT explicit:

The New Catholic Church

Neither "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" or the anointed are mentioned at all. Probably because they don't really matter.

It appears to be deliberate obfuscation on the part of the GB/FDS/WT Writers. Either that or plain ol' sloppiness.

For those that haven't already seen it, Cedars started are really good thread based on this picture here:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

You can't make this sh** up. It is just sad. I really have no personal issues with any individual JW's, because they are in a fog. It is so frustrating how they contradict themselves with every thought that comes out of their mouths! I think ( hope ) that many are just trying to sort it all out, and just don't know what else to say.. I have never fit in with them, ever, no matter how hard I tried. I am glad I found this site when I did, and the others it lead me too. Otherwise...

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

How very modest of them to put themselves on the same level as angels in that picture.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Quote from website: (copied from above)

The evidence points to the following conclusion:

As is WT practice, such statements never provide the "evidence" they are referring to. They use the word "evidence" like a pronoun without an antecedent. ("It was blue." "What was blue?" "It doesn't matter 'what' was blue, only that we know that, 'it' was blue.")

“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919.

Simple assertion, based on their authority to make assertions without supporting evidence. The real question this assertion leads to is, In what way did the master leave in 1919 after he put said 'slave' in charge? That was the reason in the parable for the master putting him in charge in the first place.

That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food.

Wouldn't this include, then, the army of brothers and sisters involved in researching, writing, printing, typesetting, transport, dispensing it in the field, and all the support services that make this possible? Why are only those who sign off on the material this "slave."? This assertion is a really grand lie.

When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”

So what happens if the GB don't reach a unified decision? What if two of the seven disagree?

Another problem is the reward. Supposedly 'all the anointed' are given the belongings at Armageddon (According to the Society's explanation). But only the GB are the slave who earns the reward. How is that? (This question was taken up on the AnointedJW website.)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Bobcat, great analysis and great questions!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

For any skeptics, here are screenshots of the "New Light" from the jw.org page:

JW.Org: Annual Neeting Report, November 9, 2012

New Light - top of the page

Note the date and the url in the navigation bar. This is the real deal. Go to the jw.org website yourself and see that it is so.

Here's the change. It's on the same page as above a little further down.

This is a pretty significant "adjustment" in JW "theology."

New Light - Main Point

It may not be in a WT yet, but this is "in print" in the 21st Century!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit