Has the rescent change in the identity of the FDS been released in print yet

by A.M. Number 1 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Just wondering what WT issue has actually put it down in print. I know that some of my JW frineds already know about it, but they didn't tell me if it was an announcement at the hall or actually in the WT.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Since the only literature in which it will appear, will be the study issue of the Watchtower, and since the January 2013 issue is now available and the change is not mentioned there, the earliest possibility will be the February issue, and the articles therefore studied in late Spring. Since the writing and preparation period for articles is rather long (the 2011 annual meeting was covered close to a year after it took place), then either it will not appear in a amgazine till next Summer, or the change has been prepared for months ahead of the talks, and therefore the February issue could cover it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

How long was it before the gaff of the "overlapping generation" from the Annual Meeting, until it made it's way to the confused ears of most Traveling Overseers? Twelve to Eighteen months before a tasty insight like this can be polished and "dumb downed" for the masses who don't read their magazines?

How will the traveling overseers explain away this core teaching, even though we always knew the WatchTower never considered that "all anointed are annointed" but "all governing body are annointed".

• sir82
    sir82

It will take them a while to get it into print. They write the articles many months in advance.

I expect it will probably show up in the March or April study WT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If they put it in a study article at all, they may just slip it in to lesser articles to start with, hoping it will seep in to JW belief without the Dubs realising it.

They seem to be using the method used by various governments here in the U.K, let it creep out by "leaks", comment a little on it, only write a bit more when needed.

I hope I am wrong and it comes out in a study article, then JW's will have to confront the Noo Lite at least, but most will simply shrug it off as of no import, just a clarification of what was the de facto function of the GB all along.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Like the new light on the "generation" this change on who is the F&DS will occupy 4 printed lines in one of the study articles...lines that will be read in the final talk at the next district convention. People will bob their heads in approbation and soon after the final prayer say: Wasn't this the best convention yet? Jehovah gave us what we need at the appropriate time! That's it.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

It will probably appear in Apr WT in time for the DC, where it will be mentioned in one of the talks.

My wife and brother-in-law were talking about it after the Sunday meeting. They had a Bethel speaker in town; he mentioned it during his public talk. They didn't make a big deal out of it and I didn't mention the implications of the change...didn't feel like arguing.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JW's will have to confront the Noo Lite at least, but most will simply shrug it off as of no import, just a clarification of what was the de facto function of the GB all along.

It's been this way for years. They just never came out and said it. R&F won't think anything has changed.

Doc

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I was speaking with an elder the other day and he mentioned how he needed to go over the baptism questions with someone the next day. I asked him how the person should answer the baptism question of "who is the 'faithful and discreet slave'? Are they supposed to reply with what the book and all current literature says, or should they reply with the information delivered at the Annual Meeting?" He said, "it doesn't really matter-- as long as it close to one of the two."

I just laughed, shook my head and reminded him that when I went over the questions years ago, I provided the response that is now the Nooo Lite TM , and that he had to spend several minutes talking me around to the (now) Old Lite. I asked him, had "I actually been right the first time those years ago?"

"No, not really, because it wasn't the current understanding at the time."

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I asked him how the person should answer the baptism question of "who is the 'faithful and discreet slave'? Are they supposed to reply with what the book and all current literature says, or should they reply with the information delivered at the Annual Meeting?" He said, "it doesn't really matter-- as long as it close to one of the two."

It only matters.........if you are in front of a JC for apostacy and it is the "loyalty test question".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit