Anyone else in the path of Hurricane Sandy?

by ShirleyW 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

MrFreeze, downtown near the wharf?... say like, around First Ave? Just taking a guess.

Hope my job will close tomorrow. *sigh*

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

NY's Stock Exchange has just been flooded.

Under 1 metre of water.

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

According to the link below the stock exchange is not as important as it used to be. Most trading is now done digitally from various locations that are dispursed widely.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/rick-newman/2012/10/29/the-nyse-shut-down-by-sandy-isnt-as-vital-as-you-think

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

May all those in the path or affected by the storm be safe. Hope you were able to get supplies in and can hunker-down until the worst is past. Leslie

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

NeverKnew, I don't know if you are in the Pittsburgh area or not but I work in Upper St. Clair. They closed up shop for today. I assume because the building is by a creek that could cause flooding problems. Only reason I could figure for them closing. Heavy rain and it is frigid outside. Went to the bar tonight and it was raining and absolutely cold outside. I live in the Lawrenceville area right by 40th street bridge.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Virginia beach fared pretty well. The usual places that flood flooded, I often wonder why people even though it's beautiful live in house that floods practically every year. We didn't lose power and we stayed home watched the rain we were lucky that it didn't come ashore here. However, somebody would get it and I'm sad when I see people's lives destroyed. You can't stop it.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm from Boston. Not too bad...lots of trees down on my way to work this morning. One of our showrooms (north of Boston) was hit by a telephone pole through the roof. It will be several weeks before the showroom can reopen.

My son is in Virginia. Talked to him this morning. He said they are still getting hammered. It seems to be stalled over him. He's in the NW corner of Virginia. He said that 20 miles west of them was getting a huge snowstorm.

Coffee

• James Brown
    James Brown

I live in Tampa Bay Florida. I am on vacation in Northern Ohio. The hurricane has knocked out Electricity in one place I was visiting and knocked out the cable and internet in another place where i am staying. There are heavy winds and heavy rains and flooding thru out the Cleveland/Akron area.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Central VA faired very well. After Irene last year, we deserved a break!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

In Charlotte, North Carolina. We got some pretty gusty winds last night and a few sprinkles, but the mountains west of here are getting hammered with snow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit