Anyone else in the path of Hurricane Sandy?

by ShirleyW 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So far here in NYC nothing but light rain and wind, I wish it would stay that way for the duration, but they say so far it's gonna hit hard.

• Emma
    Emma

Please stay safe. I have friends in NYC and the area and am thinking of everyone and hoping for your saftey.

Emma

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

We're in virginia beach and we are living in a safe bldg. but its been raining and blowing and some flooding. the atlantic is very angry and it's just passing by us by about 300 miles whoever gets the hit will be in trouble.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm in Pittsburgh and we will probably see some effects of it. High winds (not at the 70 mph mark but high enough to cause tree damage), heavy rain and possible snow.

Also would like to say keep safe. Hope you got some stuff stocked up just in case.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

NYC is probably gonna get the subway system damaged

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

In Northeastern PA. Heavy rain, winds are increasing and it is cold! I'm hoping that those around here and in NJ, NY and elsewhere are safe.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

We're across the river in New Jersey, and so far it's just raining with (mostly) light wind. But both do seem to be slowly increasing in intensity. We've hunkered in the house and have no intention of going anywhere till at least Wednesday.

• Londo111
    Londo111

In Central VA, it's raining and a bit windy. Last I heard, the worst is yet to come.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

NY- nothing to report at this time. But, if there is something.. I won't be here reporting it.

For those in the path of the storm I wish you all well!!!

"Rip"

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My work emailed and said not to come in. Bank is closed tonight. Rain has definitely picked up and the winds are increasing. It's definitely gotten worse since 7 hours ago. No flooding yet though. I live right on a river. However, I don't think it will rise enough to cause any problems in my house.

Also looked at the forecast and winds will reach over 50 mph tonight. I'm sure my power will go out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit