The Best Fade Ever

by Farkel 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Better to litter with your publisher card (in pieces) than to litter with the rubbish they wish you to place in San Diego. Give them the new card, and you will litter the whole of San Diego with wastes of paper, rags, and littera-trash. Plus, you will be teaching everyone to be idiots that do nothing but place more of the same rubbish. If it were me, I would have simply placed my publisher card in my shredder and recycled the confetti.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Farkel, you are like farkin hero

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Farkel ! that is key to it though, moving AND getting hold of your Record Card.

Otherwise you simply have to do a normal fade, with all its attendant problems. But I would urge anyone moving a reasonable distance to get hold of their Record Card in whatever way they can.

The WT and its Elders are like the Nazis, they are paper obsessed and they rely on their records, if you can drop out of their records you are off and free !

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

After moving here 3 years ago I only ever went to the KH is this area once for the memorial but there were quite a few people from my old congregation who knew me and my new address but never bothered.

I have since changed my name by deed poll and will be moving to another area where it is highly unlikely I will know any-one at all.

I plan to start a study with the first JWs that knock on my door and attempt to wake up any I find who are unhappy and struggling.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

"here is your Publisher's Record Card (or whatever document that was a dub's "

LOL

I can't remember what congregation would have mine

• besty
    besty

if you are planning on moving town, just move town and let elders spin their wheels to their hearts content

if you have JW family left behind tell them you are figuring out which KH to go to

then tell them you haven't made your mind up which KH to go to yet

then tell them you are taking a short break from the JW routine

then tell them you are suffering from religious anxiety disorder

if they dont get the hint start at step 1 again...

of course fading with JW family still in has some downsides which have been well discusssed on here.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Im in the same boat as FSP -- I dont remember which congregation would have my card...

The only ones I see out in service here anymore are from the spanish congregation. So for me it's easy "no habla espanol"....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd be surprised if any elder made that mistake nowadays.

Cool story, though.

• gabrielg
    gabrielg

honestly,... from everybody here does any one think the publisher's card has any value or tracking ability whatsoever? ... I don't think making sure you get your card before you say good bye for good has any or no importance whatsoever. Unless you had a very close relationship with any brothers there I think fading from THEM won't be so hard. Family IS a different story but when you are an adult and start making silly excuses like that instead of sharing what it is that made you want to quit the organization, to my opinion, is just being a baby. So no matter how you "fade" make sure you understand the reasons.

FYI the publisher's card only keeps track of how active you are in the ministery. This only serves as a record when you are being considered for more responsibility positions. So in reality this is only a "fact sheet" which represents numbers and figures which, as we all know, mean nothing specially when the person in question does service in a very "systematic" or "mechanical" kind of way.

Baptizing as a Jehova's witness does not mean you have swore loyalty to the organization and some office in Brooklyn now has your name with a fancy "diploma" like masonic type of certificate where it details down what "lodge" you belong too :P (being sarcastic) \

As a Jehova's witness you are an individual who's only certificate of authenticity or what really has value of being one is your REPUTATION. Family, friends, fellow-witnesses... They only know so much... When you want to fade for good you need to show what your true colors are from every knowing person you have that knew you were a Jehova's witness. Doing that is not as easy as tearing up a piece of paper and throwing it into the wind...

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Damn Farkel, I thought you were going to show us your new haircut. peacesuckas paulnotsaul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit