Will it ever be possible for this earth and it`s inhabitants to be free of any kind of religion ? Would you welcome it ?

by smiddy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I know it`s certainly not going to happen in our time or even our childrens ,childrens time , but surely eventually, it must come about.

Religion , ALL religion has been nothing but a curse on this planet , and humans will never reach their full potential until they eradicate all forms of religion .

Of course the theists will insist their have been great acheivments in science, astronomy, the arts etc. ,to a large part by the educated religionists of their day , however the masses were deprived of such education .If the masses had received the education of the priveledged few religous scholars ,we may well have been enjoying a new golden age of enlightenment already.

Note : I am talking about ALL religions of the world not just xians ,judaism, muslim ,etc. but ALL religious persuasions.

just my 2 cents worth

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hey, don`t get me wrong I don`t see it happening in this century, maybe not in the next century ,but surely reason has to prevail .

smiddy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

No. Humans by nature worship. That will always be the case.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't agree that humans worship by nature---I believe it is cultural.

I think freedom from religion would be very nice, but only if it came about peacefully and voluntarily. I would be against getting there using any force or oppression----however there are a few factions of most religions that I would love to see wiped away today---the problem is that you can't wipe away an idea without hurting the people---so what can be done? Hopefully the more violent and intrusive factions will find some enlightenment soon.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think not only the body, but the mind evolves, when the human brain had evolved enough man was able to take on the concept of raising crops, so farming began.

Shortly thereafter trade and even money of sorts was "invented", because the human mind was ready.

I think we are now on the cusp of the human mind being ready to take on board the concept of no god and no religion.

In other words, we non-believing, non-theists are just a little ahead of the rest of mankind, but they will catch up soon, bless 'em !

(Some are still struggling with walking upright on two legs of course)

• Satanus
    Satanus

That is the way the curve is going. Maybe, there will always be some hold outs.

Would you include ideas like capitalism and communism within the religion classification? What about footey fans, ie british soccer fans? Kvestions, kvestions.

S

• Good JW
    Good JW

I think the problem is that man wants to turn every single spiritual concept into a physical reality (something that they can grasp). This happened when Jesus tried to teach the disciples about the new faith being heavenly and something of the heart (not dogmatic earthly rulership and ignorant human customs).

People look at Christianity as it stands today and think that's what Jesus taught, but it has been vastly twisted. Jesus' "religion" was not about old Jewish theocracy (some priestly arrangement full of rules and regulation and control) but about freedom and liberty from the chains of traditional man-made religion. It was to be a liberating way of life, just with the overlook of love (putting others first etc). What Jesus taught could be accepted by anyone (man/woman/Greek/"slave"/black/white/any religious background) and there were to be no hierarchy (just spiritual "leaders" living the example of love etc).

What Jesus preached was spiritual ***ideals*** (things that benefit society), not some rigid closed-minded "religion"/self-righteous race

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I certainly hope so, I dream so, and I want it NOW.

(stamps feet)

Humans will always worship something whether its a rock a tree or an invisible cloud man. What really needs to stop is people expecting and demanding that everybody else has to worship the same damn thing.

oz

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Humans by nature worship. That will always be the case.

10 words, 2 assertions, zero proof. C'mon CA you've got to do better than that.

Nic'

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Yes. I read somewhere the U.N. will rid politics of religion soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit