Cover reveal of my debut novel Paradise Earth: Day Zero

by donuthole 18 Replies latest jw friends

• donuthole
    donuthole

Cover Paradise Earth: Day Zero

I'm excited to reveal the cover of my upcoming novel Paradise Earth:Day Zero! The art is by Chicago artist Matt Maniscalco. I sent him a bunch of JW propaganda and said, "do this". He delivered! I won't be surprised if the Watchtower tries to recruit him. The book is dropping on Dec 21, 2012. I hope you'll check it out. The publisher's blurb follows:

When the ground quakes and blazing balls of fire fall from the sky, a religious sect interprets it as the fulfillment of long-held prophecies foretelling the end of the world. The members flee to their religious sanctuary, believing that this global cataclysm is the portent of a new paradise of eternal happiness.

Inside, one cold and starving man struggles to hold onto his hope for the future. He’s sacrificed everything for his faith in the prophecy, including his family. As the tortuous night drags on, he struggles to hold onto his hope for the future and grapples with a lifetime of beliefs, and expectations. If he survives to see the paradise earth, will it be worth it?

Paradise Earth is a deconstruction of faith at the end of the world and beyond. The first volume of the trilogy, Day Zero, will be published by Curiosity Quills Press on December 21, 2012. Week One and Forever After will follow.

• cedars
    cedars

Fantastic stuff, a great artistic parody of the publications!

I can't wait to read it now.

Cedars

• baltar447
    baltar447

Bravo! I've thought about writing something on a similar vien but have shelved it. Looking forward to this. Will it be on Amazon/Kindle?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Even a Volvo won't save you from god's judgement!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That picture could well have graced a WTS publication - and they mean it as "good news" in all seriousness!

• clarity
    clarity

Donut ... "pray that your flight not take place in winter"

<

Wow ... wasn't that our worse fear!

Love that scary desolate cover ... can't wait to venture inside

clarity

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

I agree with Cedars - looking forward to reading it!
    LOL! breakfast of champions!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

It's a great cover, donut hole! Particularly effective the juxtaposition of burning car and the little doll on the ground! Could be straight out of the WT artist department!

is it going to be in hard copy, or an ebook, or what? Should be interesting!

• donuthole
    donuthole

Thanks everyone!

@Breakfast -- Matt said the car is a Mercedes. Even more materialistic than a Volvo!!

@Chariklo -- I borrowed the doll from the "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" book.

The book will be available in print and eBook, through Amazon, B&N, and other places.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Great job, donuthole!

If we have to be sticklers, the car looks like a 92-98 3-series BMW. At least tail lights, doorhandles and wheels suggets so.

Is this a person on flames next to the doll on the ground? Horrible! How could any idiot be praying for and looking forward to such a day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit