A VERY BAD YEAR FOR WATCHTOWER PUBLIC RELATIONS

by iclone 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree that the JW's/WT are not even a pimple on the arse of public perception, and so far all the stuff we have marvelled at in 2012 has not registered with the Public.

Here in the U.K we have a current news story about a loathsome T.V personality, now deceased, Jimmy Savill, who was a big time child molester. The furore and press coverage has given victims, not only in his case but others, the courage to come forward and therefore expose the perpetrators, and the deficiencies in the organizations who should have protected them.

Perhaps the end of 2012 will see the woeful and disgusting way the WT has behaved, and still is, in Child Abuse cases, come to the attention of the Public in a big way.

Its about time this came back and bit the bastards in the bum.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The attitude of some key figures in television and the media has also been exposed as lacking and their mis-handling of allegations and rumours has been harshly criticised.

• steve2
    steve2

Whoah templelijah - steady on man. You forgot to add honey to your cider vinegar. Stay close and safe - Don't stray far!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    cedars - "2012 is definitely the year it was first confirmed to me that the Governing Body doesn't have a clue."

Not to mention that they almost certainly really do subscribe to what they say.

Up 'til now, that's been kinda iffy; a while back, there were a few pretty compelling arguments made by some on JWN that the WT Top Dogs "must know it' s all horseshit", but a number of authentic former Bethel insiders insisted from first-hand experience (Ray Franz notwithstanding) that the GB were full-on True Believers (TM) .

Looking back at the past 35-ish years, and c onsidering what's been going down lately, it sure looks like virtually every action they've taken is based on the assumption that a) God's got their back, b) they have the moral high ground, c) the End of the World has gotta be really close by now, and d) God's gonna fix any pesky little embarrassments afterward, anyway, so e) why would long-term solutions (that might smack of "worldly wisdom", anyway) be neccessary?

With the institutionalized suppression of any dissent within the R&F, an ideological filter that shields them from any information contradictory to their assertions, and the bias inherent to their own exclusive echo chamber so far removed from both, there's nothing left to dissuade them of that, either.

Only one thing remains that gives me pause regarding the certainty of the GB's convictions; their knee-jerk, cover-their-asset reactions to any percieved threat (real or imaginary) to the WTS.

That's an almost perfect textbook response for a person or group of people who privately and subconciously know that, deep down, they're all kinds of f**ked up and terrified anyone will find out.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Excellent points, Vidiot...

Steve2 - I'm going to try your recipe - minus the honey. I like vinegar and lemon juice in water!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit