A VERY BAD YEAR FOR WATCHTOWER PUBLIC RELATIONS

by iclone 24 Replies latest jw friends

• iclone
    iclone

It looks to be shaping up to be one of the worst years for the WT. I am sure their PR department is scrambling for some good news.

It all started with the Candace Conti verdict, and then went out of control from there.

Next was the infamous Oct 01 st 2012 letter to all elders on their revised child abuse policy which, in effect did not change anything in most people’s minds. They are still holding on to their “two witness rule” and now even though they are at arm’s length from the situation and do not know the “soft details”. They now assume complete control and decide who is a predator.

Then there was the FDS revision; which really came as no surprise to many but it is none the less negative light on the Watchtower as they have now aligned themselves with most mainstream Christian religions (that they for decades cast in negative light) by structuring the hierarchy of the Watchtower to more of a Papal rule.

Now the tragic of death of Whitney Hiechel at the hands of a fellow Brother no less. One can only imagine how the purported squeaky clean reputation of JW’s will be sullied once again. I remember one Brother told me years ago that “the media is not their ally or friend”. Well no sh_t Sherlock, when you keep feeding the tabloids with such juicy stories how can they help themselves.

It keeps me wondering; what’s next and with a wishful heart that the next breaking story will cause irreparable damage to this destructive sect!

• Londo111
    Londo111

None of that really got much publicity. The Candace Conti verdict got a little, the rest none at all.

• sir82
    sir82

Don't forget the masturbation video spoofs going viral for a while.

Yes it's not been one of their better years.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Is this true that "you will know them by their love among themselves"

Don't forget Anonymous is also after them

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/229480/1/Anonymous-Calls-For-The-Destruction-of-the-Watchtower-Society-New-Video

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Long gone are the Days when the WBT$ could Pretend..

They had a Squeaky Clean Reputation..

Like an Old Door..
    Now they just Squeak..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I certainly enjoyed Sparlock and the masturbation video - idiots

• cedars
    cedars

2012 is definitely the year it was first confirmed to me that the Governing Body doesn't have a clue. They've made textbook errors in responding to situations throughout the year because they are guided by the delusion that everything they do is blessed by God. Their decisions are driven by their own self-importance and arrogance. Long may their delusional decision-making continue. It makes the decline of the organization go that bit quicker.

Cedars

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, the general public by and large has no idea. Just ask a coworker. But then, ask about Penn State and they know all about that.

I suppose from the standpoint of a smart "spiritual consumer" who would do a little Googling before getting indoctrinated, this has been a good year. The Internet savvy will not get lured in.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think a little of the old tendacy to regard JW issues as something newsworthy to the rest of the world still lingers. Most people that make up the other 99% don't know, care, listen, to the strange issues that 'dubs find themselves in. But the continual barrage of weird edicts and ambiguous rules do make it confusing to the avg 'dub.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Don't forget about Caleb, his emotional vampire mother, fear-mongering dad and the hero Sparlock!

...or the ASL wanking video going viral!

...or the attention from Anonymous!

...or the ABC "Longo" episode!

...or the new GB member who still has some baby fat!

2012 has been a PR disaster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit