Hello everyone

by Strawberryfieldsforever 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Thank you so much for all the words of encouragement. I will keep all my good memories of my Mom and carry them with me. You are all right, I need to go forward without my Mom. But....it's hard. It's hard because it's not in me to live life without someone you love. I don't know how those people can be so cruel to their own flesh and blood.

The only thing I can hope for is a very limited relationship. I guess I have to take what I get. I could just cut off all contact, but like I said....it's not in me to do that.

I have a great husband and two great grown boys. I will keep my focus on them.

Sometimes I wish that my Mom would finally wake up and smell the coffee and come to me and say "I was so wrong, why didn't I see that" but.....at her age.....she would not have much left. She spent her whole adult life trying to please God and get that first class ticket to everlasting life. She put her loving husband and only child off to the wayside to get that ticket. Who am I to take that away from her?

strawberryfieldsforever

• 00DAD
    00DAD

SFF: She spent her whole adult life trying to please God and get that first class ticket to everlasting life. ... Who am I to take that away from her?

I understand what you mean and why you would say that, but the fact is you can't take something away from somebody that doesn't exist.

It's a false hope, a lie.

• whathappened
    whathappened

This was a needless trajedy. These horrible stories about broken families will never stop. That is why it is so important to get as many people out of this cult as we can.

I feel so bad for you. You will find many mother's here who have lost their daughters who will want to help you. You must be in your 40's by now, I'm guessing. You are young and you have to count the blessings that you have and try to live as happy a life as you can. If you don't, you have let the Watchtower Society cause you further misery.

Hope you take advantage of the support group you have here at JWN.

• flipper
    flipper

STRAWBERRY FIELDS- I'm sorry your relationship with your mom is a difficult one. My ex-wife who is a JW has a similar relationship with my adult son. Actually no relationship at all. Your mom is totally under cult mind control of the WT society. In time she may change, but as others said try to remember the good times. At least you had a great relationship with your dad. Just please know that we care and we are here for you if you ever need to chat

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

sorry to hear about your situation. cool name btw.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hey strawberry,

I think my earlier post is a bit harsh. Sorry about that. I can relate and I am going through similar thoughts but coming out a bit cynical.

Your situation is difficult and I hope you figure it out and find happiness.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

SBFF,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and the tension with your mom. If you were to call your mom one afternoon just to check on her and fill her in on what's going on with you and your family, do you think she will bring up JWs and how "you need to come back"?

I ask because I think there might be enough JW mind-abuse that my mom might stop calling me and my oldest sibling if we weren't proactive about keeping in touch with her. But both of us have been of the mindset that we won't be ignored and we won't DF our parents because they're still enslaved to the cult. But neither will we be intimidated. If mom were to start on the "you need to come back before Hojovah smashes your heads open with rocks... very soon now," she knows that we wouldn't call or visit much. Us kids never bring up religion, so neither do the folks. There are plenty of other things to talk about. Our parents are old, and often lonely. Even though we are faded, they know we are really good kids, good people, and don't they want to rock the boat for the sake of a religion that has disappointed both us and them.

But certainly, if you've already tried to have a JW-neutral relationship with your mom and it's frustrating, not going anywhere, be clear in your mind that you tried your best. Look to bond with other relatives or adopt another "mom" to fill any void you find in your life.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hi, strawberry fields! Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that your mother has slipped back into 'cult-mode'.

Do you have any siblings, and are they Jehovah's Witnesses, too?

If not... I strongly suspect that your mother will change her tune as soon as she becomes so feeble that she needs YOUR help.

Then you will probably see a partial if not total reversal of the 'cult' mentality - it tends to be set aside rather quickly when a JW actually NEEDS something from a "worldly" or disfellowshipped/disassociated person...

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping the thread again...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit