Whitney Heichels Murderer Was a "Brother"

by daringhart13 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sir82
    sir82

That statement has the WT PR dept., as well as the Legal Dept., stamped all over it.

• Cyruse
    Cyruse

Yeah, I was wrong...what a weird turn of events this has taken.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Uh " irregular attendee " ?! They are distancing themselves for sure. They cannot handle anymore bad press. The local Elders may not have known what was going on with him, or the other family. They are out of touch and unqualified. The real story will come out eventually.

• Emery
    Emery

We have to take into consideration that he was married at a Kingdom Hall 2 years ago. I would be interested in seeing how "irregular" he was. Was he only making it to 4 meetings a month and not going out in service? or...? They need to define the term "irregular".

• haboob48
    haboob48

ICK! The wt was shocked!??? PLEASE! give me a break already! I will not be shocked if records show that she went to the elders over this person, and tried to get help. Unless of course they distroy records. And how many jw's saw his arrest photo on the news and said "This guy looks familiar, isnt he that irregular attendee we have at our cong? I feel even MORE sorry for the family now!

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Irregular in that statement is code to all Jehovah's Witnesses watching this case that "he wasnt really one of us".

But as noted, he got married in a Kingdom Hall so would have to have been baptised and in good standing at that point.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"Irregular"?

Like he couldn't go to the bathroom on a regular basis?

What does regularity of attendance have to do with the commited crime?

Brother Hendrick(?) from the Candice Conti case was "regular". So what?

Bunch of legalistic a$$holes, his "irregularity" must be comforting to all involved...

• AnneB
    AnneB

As sad as I feel for Whitney and what happened to her, I feel sadder for Holt's wife; her pain is just beginning.

• lowlypub
    lowlypub

Of course they are distancing themselves from this all. Perhaps the recent WT article on mental illnesses/depression has something to do with this case. According to the article maybe if he's prayed more, been less irregular and knocked on more doors he wouldn't have done this. According to the W's it's a pretty simple combination. They won't admit that they create the perfect environment for disturbed people to hide in and find victims in. They foster the environment by protecting the men and advancing them at all costs often ignoring red flags such as mental illness/violence/depression or general disturbing behavior. As long as it means they have another 'publisher' they just take these young men under their wings and push them thru the ranks in an attempt to add to their numbers. Irregulariy has nothing to do with it, if he was an active participant (not shunned or disassociated) then by their own standards, he's a member. Of course they won't "Man-Up" and admit that.

• minimus
    minimus

good 1st post!

welcome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit