Jehovah witnesses DESTROY happy families!

by D wiltshire 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

Yardiff
    Answer: The one had made a decision that was accompanied by a vow, and then reneged on it; whereas the other girl had never made the decision in the first place. It just demonstrates that to take a vow is no little thing. -- Ecclesiastes 5:4, 5.

Blah,Blah,Blah,
    Ok! How come they were both treated exactly the same,baptized or not ie shunned, until new light flashed forth in the 80,s after sucessful law procedures against the WT by unbaptized ones,
    Seems more of an issue for the WT lawyers than a concern over vows.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

cornish

You're not making up another story, are you?

Oh-oh-oh, I seeeeeee! So thaaaaat's the reason you chose the screen name that you have!!! Well smack me in the face, and call me slowpoke!!! I get the connection now.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Bang: What you speak of is individual, elective shunning, not mandated group shunning. I agree with you in that as individuals we NEED to shun certain individuals but that this should remain an INDIVIDUAL choice.

D. wiltshire: I agree with that. I don’t see Jesus advocating a persecuting of others for refusing to accept his teachings.

Pandora: Your feelings are not unique. I have made the argument (in fun) that we (JW’s) are doing people a disservice in giving them the choice for the same reason you stated.

Yardiff: First of all, you are in no position to call me names inasmuch as you know very little about me. Secondly, name calling is very juvenile and is usually the last resort of one who is unable to defend his position intelligently and I’m sure you would not want to fall into that category. Perhaps no one has ever told you that it’s not Christian like to call people names. Let me be the first if that is the case. I do find your responses to be very shallow and one dimensional which is very characteristic of people who call other people names. There is no need for you to address me in the future inasmuch as I will make no replies to you. (end of my comments to Yardiff)

• cornish
    cornish

Yardiff
    What are you waffling on about,my chosen nickname is Cornish because I was born and live in the English county of Cornwall,and hence are Cornish,now isnt that simple.

• Lefty
    Lefty

Frenchy

Yardiff: First of all, you are in no position to call me names inasmuch as you know very little about me.
    Now did I call you "silly", or say you were being "silly"?

Analyze it, meditate on it if necessary, and you just might be able to discern the difference.

Also, I noticed that you can't take what you dish out. But you expect me to.

Yadirf

• Xena
    Xena
    The truth of the matter is that it is a ‘big stick’ that is held over the heads of the flock to keep them in submission, not unlike ‘Babylon’s’ hellfire.

I didn't find this silly at all...it seems to me to be quite true. Most other religions keep their members "in line" so to speak with the threat of hellfire. My mother became a JW because of the fear instilled in her, by religion, of an eternal hellfire.

Little did she know, of course, she was exchanging one "hellfire" for another...wonder if that thought ever crossed her mind when she was d/fed for smoking? JW's hold d/fing and shunning over peoples heads to make them toe the line.

Most religions:

don't do what we say = eternal torment after death

JW's:

don't do what we say = eternal cutting off from your friends and family

End result for either = People living in fear

One is being punished [having been disfellowshipped] one is being excused [bad word choice]. Why is that? Are they not both guilty of the same bad conduct? Are they not both aware of the wrong?

You're being extremely silly.

Answer: The one had made a decision that was accompanied by a vow, and then reneged on it; whereas the other girl had never made the decision in the first place. It just demonstrates that to take a vow is no little thing. -- Ecclesiastes 5:4, 5.

True a vow is no small thing...but there are several factors to be taken into consideration...in my opinion anyway.

JW's tend to pressure young people into making a commitment they are not ready for when it comes to baptism. Why? To keep them in line no doubt (see above comments regarding THAT). So is a vow taken under duress valid? Well I guess only God and the person who make the vow would know that, hhhmmm?

Which leads me to my next point that a vow taken between God and an individual is between those two people/individuals. lol can't we leave the punishment of a broken promise to God up to God? Seems like he/she/it would be the one in the best position to "judge", wouldn't you think?

Guess my bottom line is your relationship with God should be just that YOUR relationship with God...

JW's stick their noses into personal matters that are between an individual and God, judge the person, deem them unworthy for association, and destroy their families and that is WRONG!

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Xena,

Very good points you have a good head on your shoulders.

I would like to ask everybody not to answer Yadirfs posts he's a complete and total idiot, and he just messes up important threads with garbage.

I don't mind replying to him on fluffy posts, but one that may offer support to important issues he should not be taken seriously or else a good thread gets messed up. I really don't want that to happen here please.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • Frenchy
    Frenchy
    Which leads me to my next point that a vow taken between God and an individual is between those two people/individuals. lol can't we leave the punishment of a broken promise to God up to God? Seems like he/she/it would be the one in the best position to "judge", wouldn't you think? –Xena

Those are my sentiments exactly, Xena. As a matter of fact I wrote something very similar to what you have here but I decided that I would no longer respond to Friday.

The girl that got baptized was barely twelve at the time of her baptism. She had neither the emotional maturity nor the desire to live the life her parents prescribed for her. She made no vow. She went through the motions of getting baptized and that’s all.

To illustrate that it has nothing to do with vows, if a person who has been baptized were to go to the elders and tell them that they made no such vow and that their baptism should be voided, what do you think would happen? Would they then be viewed merely as an ‘interested person’, an unbaptized publisher? I hardly think so.

[quote}Guess my bottom line is your relationship with God should be just that YOUR relationship with God..[/quote]

Amen, sister.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Xena and Frenchy,

These are very good points to which I would share something.

My sister was unbaptised and 14 yrs old when she became pregnant, she was reproved and then DA when they latter found out she had lied about who was the father.

They say this is a form of showing Christian love disfellowshipping a young girl who needs the support of family and friends at such a time.
    I can only imagine the pain and depression she tells me, she faced going to the Kingdumb hall meeting after meeting with all her former friends shunning her. She did this for a whole year and finally she could no longer take it annd stopped going. My mother didn't force her that much to go, because she felt sorry for her, being shunned, my mom died a loyal JW, but broken hearted for the pain her daughter endured.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit