JW Tragic murder was by JW

by snare&racket 75 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I take it that in the States a man (or woman) is innocent until proven guilty?

Yes, that is true, even when being 'irregular' in meeting attendance...

• sir82
    sir82

The poor family is quite conflicted now.

In addition to losing the girl, they are trying to process how a fellow JW could have (allegedly) done this.

Highlighting and bolding "irregular" is probably the only way for them to cope with it for now. By marginalizing him and making him seem like less than a true JW, at least they are able to preserve the illusion that they are still in their "spiritual paradise".

Losing Whitney is like having a huge pillar kicked out from underneath them. If they were to lose the pillar of JWs being "their family" at the same time, they'd probably crack up.

• haboob48
    haboob48

hey breakfast of champ...............

was it just me or did you also notice the over praising of the authorities? YES! they did a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!!! I only wish my family could have had such a dedicated police force! This whole case strikes me as sensless and IF she had went to the elders for help (as with the sexual abuse cases) and they have ANY RECORD of that what-so-ever and did nothing, it would not surprise me. In the written statement it seemed they distanced themselves right off the bat! Only time will tell on the case, and there may be more here than meets the eye.

• watson
    watson

The "Legal Department" is on over time!

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

This is HEAVY

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/145468/whitney_heichels_jehovahs_witnesses_link

Whitney Heichel's Jehovah's Witnesses Link Deepens Mystery of ..

The Stir - Now that the body of Whitney Heichel has been found and a suspect arrested, lots of new details are emerging at rapid-fire pace. One in particular is sure to ...

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Boy, that seems to be a one sided piece of "journalism". We don't know what happened yet or the motivation behind Whitney's killing. When I first saw that Holt was also a JW, I wasn't shocked because this seemed to me like it wasn't random. I'm sure the police will sort things out and they'll need a little time to do so.

But, for a blogger to be openly accusing her of having an affair is over the top. It's one thing if you have evidence but I haven't seen anything like that yet. I've seen some here speculating along that line too and I'm just appalled.

Good God. This poor 21 year old young woman was killed in cold blood. Her husband, her family, and her friends have lost someone dear to them. Can you imagine someone in her family reading this crap??? I know if I were her husband, I'd be tempted to get violent.

I'm not a JW fan either but have some human decency. Let's figure out why this psycho (this word applies whether it turns out to be Holt or it turns out to be someone else) killed her before making all these speculative allegations.

BTW - that statement must have come directly from the WT legal deparment with all of its wording about how they're not to blame. Damn it WT, why does it ALWAYS have to be about you???

• undercover
    undercover

...for a blogger to be openly accusing her of having an affair is over the top. It's one thing if you have evidence but I haven't seen anything like that yet. I've seen some here speculating along that line too and I'm just appalled.

Good God. This poor 21 year old young woman was killed in cold blood. Her husband, her family, and her friends have lost someone dear to them. Can you imagine someone in her family reading this crap...

The downside to being in a polarizing group such as JWs. They've done such a good job at alienating people over the decades that when something horrible happens to them, people tend to jump on it. Ain't saying it's right. It ain't. It's terrible. But at times, they don't help themselves.

Actually, as far as the family is concerned, I can only imagine what they're going through and I feel for em.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

UC - I know man. You're right. And I wonder if that blogger has some sort of JW factor in her own life?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Autopsy - Whitney killed by multiple gunshots.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopular/story/Autopsy-Whitney-killed-by-multiple-gunshots/pFbMMA18lUKSrgnszXPxFQ.cspx

SALEM, Ore. -- The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office announced Monday the death of 21-year-old Whitney Heichel was caused by multiple gunshot wounds.

Heichel's body was found Friday afternoon on Larch Mountain in East Multnomah County.

Dr. Christopher Young with the Oregon state medical examiner's office said the autopsy, which was performed on Saturday morning, showed Heichel 's death to be homicide, adding she was shot.

An 11 a.m. news release from the Gresham Police Department included the following: "The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office ... confirmed she died from multiple gunshot wounds."

Detectives have not released how the suspect in the case, Jonathan Holt, 24, got access to the weapon.

Young did not release any findings on Heichel's time of death.

Officials believe Heichel was kidnapped on her way to work at Starbucks in Gresham on Tuesday.

Detectives believe Heichel's neighbor and fellow church-goer, Holt, shot her in Clackamas County. Extensive searching for clues in Heichel's then-disappearance was done this past week at Dodge Park , in Clackamas County.

The case is being prosecuted in Clackamas County.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

This in the comment section of the CafeMom article sums it up pretty damn well.

"Nonmember comment from ~~~~~~~

on Oct 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM When I heard about this story the first thing I thought was what the writer did. I've lived it, the only diffrence is I chose to lose every friend and family I had to be happy. I was a JW for almost 30 years. I'm sure Jonathan Holt chose murder over being SHUNNED by friends and family. It's called "disfellowshiping", it is a mental abuse tactic JW's use. JW's get married very young because they want to have sex because having sex before you are married is a "disfellowshiping" offense. Most JW's are miserable because they married the wrong person but you have to stay married or you are "disfellowshiped". JW's even have a book your local elders can get from the branch office that is all about how to get custody away from a disfellowshiped parent. The fear that is ingrained in you is traumatic and now a young woman is dead because a young man did not want to be shunned by everyone he had ever known, including his parents. I have not even put a dent in how f'ed up JW's are, google Candice Contie and you will be very well informed on how JW's know children are molested and the police are never called. It's the two witness rule, all you JW's know what I'm talking about. " Unfortunately, because of the nature of JWs, the world looking on is going to scrutinize them instead of focusing on a cold blooded murder. Of course they will cry persecution, but really aren't they bringing it on by trying to minimize the status of Holt as one of Jehovah's Wintnesses. Stereotypical WBTS hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit