Attention WT Writing Department: When was Frederick Franz baptized??? Please make up your mind!!!

by Calebs Airplane 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

*** w87 5/1 p. 25 Looking Back Over 93 Years of Living ***I was delighted with what I was learning and soon decided that the time had come for me to sever my connection with the Presbyterian Church.

So later, when Albert again was visiting us, we went to one of Dr. Watson’s Sunday night lectures. Afterward, Albert and I walked down to where he was shaking hands with the departing parishioners. I said to him: “Dr. Watson, I’m leaving the church.”

He said: “I knew it! I knew it! Just as soon as I saw you reading that Russell stuff. That man, Russell, I wouldn’t allow him to step inside my door!” He then added: “Fred, don’t you think we had better step up to my vestry and have prayer together?” I told him: “No, Dr. Watson, I’ve made up my mind.”

With that, Albert and I walked out of the church. What a glorious feeling it was to be free from bondage to a religious system that was teaching falsehoods! How good it was to be taken into the congregation of the International Bible Students, who were so loyal to God’s Word! On April 5, 1914, in Chicago, Illinois, I symbolized my consecration—as we used to call dedication—by water baptism.

-------------

Could it be he considered his consecration on November 30, 1913 but not sealed by water baptism on April 5, 1914. The anointed back then considered their dedication the true act with God and baptism an outward symbol for humans.

It seems by this account that Franz left his church and was baptized by the Bible Students.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

And what's the difference? I don't even remember my baptism date.

Who cares?

• Ding
    Ding

"What a glorious feeling it was to be free from bondage to a religious system that was teaching falsehoods!" -- Frederick W. Franz

A lot of us can relate to that!

For us it was your religious system and your falsehoods, Fred...

• quincemyles
    quincemyles
    Fred Franz would have done better had he been Presbyterian.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Maybe he was baptized as a Presbyterian in 1913 and as a BS on 1914.
  • prologos
    prologos
    1913 or 1914, in that era, baptism was also the time to become an "anointed", following the Jesus, Cornelius examples,; so FF just made it to be in on the ground floor of the first group of overlapees. Used by David Splane as a timing example, an overlapper with his statistics, partaking in 1992, would bring the dual generation into the 2070ies. 2075 here we come again.
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros
    I do not know how the voice of Mr. Frederick Franz is sounding for an American or an English listener, but for someone whose native language is the one of Molière, I mean French, his voice is sounding a bit like the voice of Bianca Castafiore.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Who cares, he was just another corrupt lying idiot, who found his power in the Watchtower Corporation.?

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • prologos
    prologos

and since this is an open letter to the wt writers, and their GB proofreaders, why is there uncertainty not only about FF's baptism date, but also about his generation's fate? did you not at one or two times teach that some "anointed" like Frederick Franz would survive Armageddon, to organize the start paradise?, as you should have, since Jesus said the partakers would not pass away until they saw, survived the destruction of Jerusalem and later the world? and indeed the apostles did?

Here is the question to answer please:

Why do you now contradict Jesus and teach that the overlapping generation will pass away before the destruction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit