Attention WT Writing Department: When was Frederick Franz baptized??? Please make up your mind!!!

by Calebs Airplane 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Pop Quiz for the Watchtower Writing Department…

When was Frederick Franz baptized? April 4, 1914 or November 30, 1913?

Here’s a couple of quotes from the Watchtower magazine to help you determine the answer…

*** w875/1p.25LookingBackOver93YearsofLiving***

(as told by Frederick W. Franz)

On April 5, 1914, in Chicago, Illinois, I symbolized my consecration—as we used to call dedication—by water baptism.

*** w933/15RewardedWith“theCrownofLife”***

Brother Franz was born on September 12, 1893, in Covington, Kentucky. He came in touch with the truth through an older brother. At that time he was attending the University of Cincinnati, preparing to become a Presbyterian minister. Instead, he separated from the Presbyterian Church and became associated with the Bible Students, as Jehovah’s Witnesses were then called. He was baptized on November 30, 1913 , and the following year he left the university and entered the colporteur (pioneer) work.

• designs
    designs

Maybe he was Double-dipped

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

They can't even get a simple baptism date correct... From their 4th President no less!!!

Is there any subject the Watchtower HASN'T flip-flopped on?

• processor
    processor

One more:

*** jv chap. 9 p. 111 Jehovah’s Word Keeps Moving Speedily (1976-1992) ***

Background of F. W. Franz

... On November 30, 1913, he was baptized. In May 1914 he left the university, and he immediately made arrangements to become a colporteur (pioneer).

• FWFranz
    FWFranz

I was absolutely certain that I was baptised on November 30, in the year 1913, but the faithful slave has received some "new light" and apparently I was baptised on April 4th 1914.

FWFranz

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Pardon, your slip is showing, WTS.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LOL, that was great FWFranz.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

F.W Franz, perhaps you could clear this up too, somewhere there was a question about Freddies baptism 'coz it wasn't carried out by Bible Students but another church ????

If you can remember that far back old looney friend, it would be interesting to know, if you were one of the few that were accepted by the WT with a non WT baptism.

Or was that just a rumour ?

• Ding
    Ding

Sounds like Fred Franz was baptized just in time for the 1914 outbreak of "the present war in Europe" that the WT of the time called "the Armageddon of the scriptures."

Sure glad he stayed alive until '75 so he could see the real Armageddon and new system...

Oh, sorry... old light...

• steve2
    steve2

Hurry, we must find the true answer. Freddie's dead and until it's sorted he won't be able to be transformed into one of the 144,000 who are to reign with Christ. Also, does the ambiguity about whether he was bapized in 1913 or 1914 mean the 1914 doctrine could be about to be discarded?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit