Could you live with not talking to your JW family for the rest of your life?

by ÁrbolesdeArabia 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I believe that if the organization had the power they would institute their own brand of sharia law and they would execute anyone who disagreed with them. Right now all they can do is hold your family hostage and hope that works. They are an immoral and dangerous organization and i hope something terrible knocks them down to their knees.

• nugget
    nugget

I am shunned by my sister she would never spontaneously call me. To be free from the control of the society I had to accept this as a consequence. On balance it was worth it. You have to ask if on balance what is more important to you. For us freedom for our children was more important I would sacrifice my own life and contact withall my JW relatives for them to have the opportunities and childhood I was denied.

IT shows the depth of the contempt that their leverage counts for nothing when weighed in the balance.

• jam
    jam

My beautiful wife and I have been togather for 18 yrs.

She have two children I have four. About 10 years in the

relationship her kids were visiting with their kids (our grandkids).

Her daughter was talking about our family (my family and their,s).

Yes our family has grown, now you folks(the wife and I) have five children and four

grandkids. I said no we have six chidren and six grandkids. My wife

son and daughter look at me with this puzzle look. I have another

daughter and two grand kids. Where is she they ask? About five

blocks from here. So to answer your question, I have three kids and

my oldest (4th child I have disown). I will never make an effort to

contact her, Iam not concern about how her kids my grandkids are doing.

In fact I don,t think about her that much these days. It,s makes

me sick.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Excellent thread, so heartbreaking to read though. Earlier I posted the following on another thread:

I have lost many loved ones, it's been very painful so I do understand. I started from scratch literally and built up close friends gradually and am blessed by being part of my hubby's family, who are reallly loving and caring, now too. I have come to terms with my losses. The grief will always be there but I don't allow it to dominate the life I have left to live. In our circumstances it is possible to develop loving relationships with people who aren't blood relatives if we allow ourselves and them the chance, honestly. I've been careful not to let anyone to get close to me unless I feel emotionally 'safe' with them, thus weeding out people with issues and agendas that might bring along abuse of any kind. That's a consequence of the WTBS conditional love deal I suppose.

I've lost 5 adult children, taking them into the WTBS cult was my doing, I have paid a terrible price for that and for staying in a very bad marriage too long. I take responsibility for it but the cult has to take responsibility for manipulating decent youngsters into what they've become. What a shame the cult has no feelings for such tragic outcomes. If only we could turn back time but we can't, so we choose to take Oompah's path or we choose to live our lives. When people hear about what many of us suffer, they are absolutely horrified. Rightly so.

Hugs to everyone hurting, look after yourselves.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit