Why does the Society allow women to speak in the congregations?

by Badfish 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Badfish
    Badfish

How about the Bible verses about homosexuality? If I was gay but still claimed to be a Christian I could just say "that was just inserted by homophobic men."

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I believe in SEXism. That's my new religion(LOL)

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

They make it up as they go along. If it works, they keep it. If not, get rid of it.

The bible says enough bat-shit-crazy-stuff that they can use it however they see fit.

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

---> Badfish How about the Bible verses about homosexuality?

Yeah it's called blind bigotry...

...yet the Bible labels Lot a righteous man - this is the same guy who offers his daughters up to be gang raped, and then later after getting blind drunk has sex with BOTH of them. Taken in or out of context, it's pretty obvious to me that Lot had bigger personal issues going on than any homosexual I have ever met.

• Eustace
    Eustace

Yeah it's called blind bigotry...

In fairness to Christianity, all the major surviving faiths hold homosexuality to be a sin. Even the polytheistic Hindus.

• Eustace
    Eustace

...yet the Bible labels Lot a righteous man

Only one guy did in a single passage.

The stuff about homosexuality being sinful is found all over the place in the bible.

• Eustace
    Eustace

this is the same guy who offers his daughters up to be gang raped

Maybe the crowd were a bunch of homosexuals, so Lot knew they wouldn't take him up on the perverse offer.

and then later after getting blind drunk has sex with BOTH of them.

I think we've all done crazy things when we were drunk.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The OT said that intentionally having sex with a women during menstruation was a grave sin, deserving of being cut off from the Nation (that would be killed, death penalty). Nowadays, the JWs call it a "conscience matter"? REALLY? A sin that was on the par with idolatry and murder is NOW considered a "conscience matter"? And people die for blood transfusions, which isn't even eating blood?

Goofy stuff, these JWs.

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

---> Eustace I think we've all done crazy things when we were drunk.

A guy has sex with two of his daughters while drunk, and because it's in the Bible, your response is "we've all done crazy things when we're drunk".

WOW - I am rendered...speechless.

So if you wrote a list of "crazy things" people do when drunk - you would also include incest on the list? You see incest wouldn't make it on my list of "crazy things" because in my opinion, that is quite a bit worse than a "crazy thing" - maybe it's just me that thinks that here...although I hope not...or I am in the wrong company?

• Eustace
    Eustace

When you think about it, it was Lot's daughters who got him drunk with the intent to shag him.

So really, they were the ones who were guilty of date rape.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit