Are We the Only Life in this vast Galaxy?

by frankiespeakin 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Giordano
    Giordano

With all of these Billions of stars, planets etc. it makes it a little silly to worship a back yard god who has little or no real interest in humanity.

• bioflex
    bioflex

at best its just speculation that other life forms do exist, thought at this point i wouldnt be suprised if we were to hear that an some alien life form has been found, you should see what them scientists are capable of producing in the lab.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Are We the Only Life in this vast Galaxy?

In the universe at large, highly unlikely. Lighting may not strike the same place twice, but I'd bet it hits a few places more than others over billions of years. If the conditions are right, look what happens. And it would happen entirely different elsewhere.

• JWB
    JWB

This news article may be of interest to the posters here.

uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/17/us-space-newplanet-idUSBRE89G0H420121017

"Researchers say the new planet is too close to its sun to support known forms of life, with a surface temperature estimated at 1,200 degrees Celsius (2,192 Fahrenheit). But previous studies suggest that when one planet is discovered orbiting a sun, there are usually others in the same system."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Of course there is other life out there, they visited Earth once, they perused what was going on down here, the pollution, wars , cars driving in to one another, the humans murdering each other, crazy religions, etc etc and said "lets leave that place well alone, they're all f***ing mad !"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I believe that life exists on other planets, likely in some form resembling a fruit and yoghurt smoothie.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm ready to make a prediction. There is intelligent life, capable of communicating through the stars, elsewhere in the Galaxy. We will be in touch within my Granddaughter's lifetime.

Sure, it's a hard thing to do, given the numbers. But then again, when I was a schoolgirl, I could not have conceived that we would have not only mapped our own genome, but have gone a long ways to decoding it as well.

A little bit of the magic that lets this happen is our relative computing power. Our ability to decode and detect has gone up exponentially with the use of computers and collaborative genius.

http://www.mwilliams.info/archive/2010/06/human-genome-project-flat-part-of-the-exponential-curve-unstable-equilibrium.php

Exponential Discovery

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think their is a great probability of life , and intelligence outside our solar system, encompassing the universe.

Their is certainly life in abundance on planet earth , however the jury is still out on whether their is any real intelligence amongst the so called higher species.(and yes I include myself )

smiddy

• biometrics
    biometrics

According to the Watchtower corporation we are.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I've had conversations with my hubby on this topic. I say HOW THE HECK can you say there isn't other life out there? JWs are taught that because of the issue of universal sovereignty being played out on this planet, there couldn't be life on other planets. Pfffft. My husband says Jehovah created this vast universe with countless billions of stars and who knows how many other planets so that they could be for ours and the angels enjoyment. That is, IMO ridiculous. To say that we are the only planet that has life in this mind-bogglingly vast universe is so small-minded. Hubby won't consider the possibility because it messes with his Watchtower view. Can't have that, can we?

The problem with the Watchtower is that they have said things in print that destroyed their credibility on this topic. They claimed that Jehovah Lives near the star Alcyone in the Pleiades, and that the universe revolves around it. Problem is, if Rutherford had come off a drunk long enough and cracked open an astronomy book, he would have learned that the Pleiades is farther from the center of the galaxy than the Sun is. What the Watchtower did not know was the number of exoplanets in other star systems that have been found in the last 20 years. Planets are very common around stars, and if Jehovah made the earth for human to live on, then why would he make those hundreds of planets that we could never see or enjoy? At best, we can see about 6000 stars without a telescope, so billions of billions of them would never be visible to us. They were not created for us to enjoy. The Watchtower claim of there being no life elsewhere has no factual basis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit