In Jehovah's Witnesses- Elders Have Rights- other JW's Don't- 10/15 WT

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Elephant
    Elephant

Really appreciate your making this point, Elephant!

...retro!...you know how at the jw meetings they, aahh....err.... never mind...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    ..you guys DO see the irony in your discussion here right?...
    ...i can just picture you all raising your hands and being called on by today's conductor, Flipper.....Elephant

There`s a big difference between posting on Flippers Thread ..And..

A WBT$ JW Cult Meeting..

There are no Scripted Answers..There are no Answers that can`t be Questioned..

And..

You can`t be DF`d for Disagreeing with the Author of this thread..

........................ ... OUTLAW

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Hey, Elephant, I quoted a scripture, Rev 1:16 re: "He had seven stars in his right hand." How in the HELL does the WTS get that these stars represent the Elders? There if no evidence to support that assertion. I used to hear from householders that JWs just pulled scripture out of the Bible and applied it without any evidece of it's application to the point being made. I didn't believe them when they said that. Now I see they were correct. What's your answer to that question?

• Elephant
    Elephant

What's your answer to that question?

panhandlegirl-

...panhandlegirl...how many christian religions are there?...

...now, how many of these christian religions have their own application of Rev. 1:16?...

...now, what evidence do they have for such an application?... ....exactly...there isn't any...

...its called RELIGION for a reason...

....now focus on the WT study you are carrying on...panhandlegirl...

• bobld
    bobld

Flipper! Thanks for kicking the GB in the cahoonas

-Older men(who) are not perfect-SO

-Elders may make mistakes-SO

Over look certain minor failing-YES

Most members overlook minor errors, that is a given.

However,most members cannot overlook the blatant hypocrisy of some elders.

So don't blame the members because you are short of honest elders.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

After Elephant's critisism of the process, I notice he is not able to address the content, back to the thread.

Because of what THEY perceive as defects in elders, some individuals who engage in serious wrongdoing in the congregation have refused to appear before a committee of elders assigned to help them. This could be likened to a patient who loses out on the benefits of a treatment because he does not like something about the doctors

I have been thinking about this, the outrage expressed is completely justified, I am incandescent having received this “help” on several occasions.

The committee assigned to help them is for no such purpose. The “help” phase ended when a committee was formed whose primary purpose is to “keep the congregation clean”. By this stage their view of you is a piece of dogsh*t stuck to their shoe.

As many have said, the doctor analogy simply doesn’t fly. A closer one would be a vet who shakes his head sadly before giving you a lethal injection and sending you off to be rendered down for soap.

Help ….. my ass!

• flipper
    flipper

Been really busy the last couple of days. Thanks for the responses !

DATA-DOG- I hope you are able to put your recording of your JC meeting on here sometime or on a youtube, that would be really cool . Would be really informative to those who don't realize how harsh JC's are. In regards to the elders dealing with you , I shared a similar experience that you did- there always seemed to be ONE elder who wanted to control the other elders as well as the JC victim involved. It was amazing to me to see how psycho some of these power elders were and even when they'd state personal opinions, the other less assertive elders would just fall in line with the controlling, powerful psycho elder. It was control and intimidation at it's worst. So yeah, I see your point. I experienced it firshand myself.

00DAD- Exactly. Bottom line is ALL the elders are puppets of the GB and WT leaders. Whether they realize it or not.

RETROVIRUS- Yeah, I think most all the elders think most rank & file JW's are sick and in need of help. It's a perfect way to erode their self esteem and confidence for sure, which it does. All part of the mind control tactics.

ELEPHANT- Whether or not this discussion seems like a WT study is a moot point . Doesn't matter , because unlike WT studies in the JW meetings people are allowed to put out their own opinions on these threads and have a wide variety of opinions and they won't get counseled, or DFed, or dragged into a back room for stating their views. Which resembles nothing of a WT study where the answers are already scripted and expected to be right whats in the paragraphs. On this board variety is the spice of life ! We welcome varying opinions !

OUTLAW- Exactly. No scripted answers and no answers that can't be questioned on these threads. Very true. Which makes it a more successful venue or forum for open minded discussions.

PANHANDLEGIRL- WT society not only doesn't know what the 7 stars are, they really don't know ANYTHING for sure that the Bible predicted as it was written too many years ago and WT society leaders have ulterior motives for insisting their interpretations are right ! They just like giving the APPEARANCE of knowing so that many people get sucked into the cult and controlled.

BOBLD- Hey thanks. I like the point you make about the WT society not " blaming the members because they are short of honest elders. " Very good, well spoken point. Rank & file JW's have been blamed for many, many shortcomings not only of elders but of the entire GB and WT leaders. It's high time for WT leaders to pay for their own sins and deficencies.

SLIDINFAST- Good points. I think many of us here have had it up to our necks with the alleged " help " we received from elders at JC meetings. Like you stated, by the time they've formed a JC on someone- essentially their minds are already made up what the judgment is going to be. Their main goal is to " keep the congregation clean " not really help someone in dire straits. Your example of being a piece of $hit on the bottom of their shoe is really accurate. They just can't wait to get rid of us or find some dirt or grass to wipe us off in. It's very Nazi like actually

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bump!

• flipper
    flipper

ZIDDINA- Thanks for the bump !

WT Society leaders- do you see and read here that you are being exposed as corrupt ? You can no longer restrain the REAL truth from coming out ! Too many skeletons you are trying to hide in your closet ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper - Any comments welcome !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit