The Demons (Cue Scary Music)

by cobaltcupcake 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I watches a load of scary films after I left... Guess what? The demons didn't come through my tv... Even when I watched the ring

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A secular friend discussed this after Sandy b/c she was such a good friend I told her my fear of demons. I can roll on the floor in laughter with anyone at the very idea of demons. When I am alone and it is dark, lights blaze. I have been out for many decades. She watches Christian TV. I refuse to watch fundies. They are told to rebuke demons with Christ's power. No one can a demon win b/c they have Christ. This brings psychological comfort. I was raised that demons will attack you if you are too worldly and also if you are a good Witness.

The idea that an electric light or fire can destroy Satan and his minions is laughable. My fear is greatest in the dark. After dusk, I fear closets, and the space between hinges on doors, where it is dark. My younger sister knew my fears. One day she hid in our closet. I always feared I would be so afraid that I would be silent. She emerged and I screeched my head off. I was beaten for screaming. She was applauded for scaring me. I swear I must have jumped off four feet at least. I had troube stopping the screeching, even after I knew it was my younger sister. Well, she was a sort of demon.

It is funny and sad at the same time.

Why can't the WT teach you have the protection of Jehovah.

The absolutely best book on demons is The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. It mocks demons but it is written from a believer's viewpoint. Satan is created. He is inferior to God. Why should anyone who believes in God fear an inferior creature. The results of the cosmic battle are predetermined. Also, despite my dose of suffering, I find the world is astoundingly beautiful It is a product of the great Creator, not Satan. There is not a shred of evidence that it is worse now than ever. We have improved in so many fields. I adore being "wordly." I can be worldy and Christian at the same time.

I don't know of any other religion that teaches helplessness the way Witnesses do. Sorry, I have the Risen Christ. go weep, Satan. And have Wormwood and Screwtape weep, too. B/c I am joyful. Christ will not let you near me. No, I am in the Christ witness protection plan.

Presently, I see Christ and Satan being reconciled in the end. They had to be very close in heaven. there must be true love and affection. The Jewish Satan has no negative connotation. He is a questioner. MY favorite apostle, besides John the Evangelist, is Doubting Thomas. The Lord did not kick him out. Rather, he let Thomas touch his wounds.

I like dogs with spirit. Broken dogs are very sad. A dog should have spunk. I can't imagine God wants robots.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Loosie... I now have coffee all over my monitor...

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

excellent job CC! i enjoyed it!! i recently had a jw tell me satan was testing me as evidenced by my flat tire. bahahhhaaahhaha!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

More tricksy than Hobbitses is Demonses

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

SMEEEGLE!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Perhaps your flat tire prevented you from driving down a road where you would have lost your life in a horrid car crash. Maybe an angel gave you a flat.

Don't JWs use photgraphs now? I would love to see a photograph of a demon.

Because for all my vigilant years at night, I had no idea what one would look like. Maybe they are attractive and I would be seduced. Perhaps they were present and I did not recognize one. Maybe they pose as dust bunnies.

Every time an angel appears, the human is terrified, The angels says, Do not fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit