Medical Marijuana, wasn't there a WT letter?

by puffthedragon 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hermano
    Hermano

Put that joint down and go out in service. Have you prepared for the watchtower study? The service meeting? The ministry school? Have you read the latest watchtower and awake cover-to-cover? Plenty to do in the Lord's work.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Haha, Hermano, that would be the reaction. However, there are MANY things I will do before you ever catch me banging on people's doors again.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

If you have a prescription and are vaping Marijuana the elders would have a hard time executing a decisive judicial hearing. There is always the risk that your activity if flaunted or talked about with others could lead to "stumbling others" and then you will get nailed for brazen conduct.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I heard (only rumor) that there was a local needs in one of my friends hall. He said that the elder said that it was a conscience matter and that someone that was prescribed weed for medicinal use should not be judged.

That's all I heard. I do not think that there was a letter written about it. Maybe an elder contacted service or legal? Supposedly a lot were excited about the talk... I wonder why...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I heard the same from an elder. He said they were directed to wait on it for later instructions, unless the person was smoking it. I do know of several brothers with the prescription

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is it for joint pain? Cause I could use some!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Banana Peels, wasn't there a letter about that?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It works well for joint pain. I suggest a vaporizer so u don't inhale CO

• Honeybucket
    Honeybucket

So... I am technically a witness and a medical marijuana user.

When I was doing my research on this I went directly to the elders and asked. They did their research, talked to whom ever it is they talk to and then got back to me. They pretty much said in a nutshell is it is to be viewed the same as any other kind of medicine your doctor would give you. You follow his course of treatment whether that be smoking, eating or drinking it. I know a coulple other witnesses that also partake and their elders told them the same thing. In fact the witnesses really have no say over health matters nowadays. I actually grow a few plants and my buddy grows about 15 plants. The elders are well aware of this. We are marked though, so beware of that. They do tell you its a conscience matter of course, since this is considered a drug, but they cant legally tell you not to follow medical advice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

As far as I know, around here it would have to be obtained from a criminal source, or grown yourself, which is a crime - so that would rule it out for J W's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit