Obamas vs Romneys

by InquiryMan 61 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Uber-conservative Ben Stein admits - "taxes are too low" - on FOX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFZ8h2ygIcg

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Ben Stein lost his marbles years ago.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Uber-conservative Ben Stein admits - "taxes are too low" - on FOX.

I'm surprised they didn't stone him on the spot. What the hell was he thinking, it's FOX, stick to the script, damnit!!

The Bowles-Simpson commission pretty much laid out what needs to be done if we're serious about debt reduction.

The problem is it had things in there that aren't appealing to either party. Cuts in government spending, a slight increase in taxes, and defense cuts. Both sides need to compromise. What concerns me is the complete lack of compromise that's been coming from the Republicans in the last few years.

• designs
    designs

Heard Ben Stein speak at a financial seminar and the guy is sharp.

• designs
    designs

Feminist Mormon Housewives.Org- Lisa Butterworth who runs the blog says she recognized the paternalistic language from Bishop Mitt about women in the kitchen. Her group is voting for the President.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol

cbo says they're wrong - "cbo is activist and partisan!"

liberals say they're wrong - "liberalism is a mental disorder!" (just the fact michael weiner is one of the most listened to talk show hosts says a LOT about that party)

ppl they always agree with says they're wrong - "he's off his rocker!"

at some point, don't you have to wonder?

• freydo
    freydo

Does Carter remind you of Joe Biden?

• freydo
    freydo

"I regulary get PMs from members who support me, but will not post on one of these threads- they do not want to be called a racist or otherwise be jumped on by a handful of members who operate in packs like pirannas. Rather than refute what I have posted, these disgruntled obsequious Obama minions use ad hominem attacks and violate the spirit of Simon's guidelines in order to take potshots at me and others, rather than bring their facts (they don't have any)to the table ."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/239971/4/Obama-ignores-subpoena-in-CA-he-is-in-now-default

• freydo
    freydo

"Romney won the third presidential debate – and how he did it was encapsulated in a single exchange. The candidates were discussing military spending and Romney had just accused Obama of making harmful cutbacks. The President wheeled out what must have seemed like a great, pre-planned zinger: “I think Governor Romney maybe hasn't spent enough time looking at how our military works. You mentioned the navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets because the nature of our military's changed.” The audience laughed, Obama laughed, I laughed. It was funny.

But here’s why it was also a vote loser. For a start, Twitter immediately lit up with examples of how the US Army does still use horses and bayonets (horses were used during the invasion of Afghanistan). More importantly, this was one example of many in which the President insulted, patronised and mocked his opponent rather than put across a constructive argument. His performance was rude and unpresidential. Obama seemed to have a touch of the Biden smile, wriggling about in his chair, waving his hands dismissively and always – always – smirking in Romney’s direction. By contrast, Romney sucked up the abuse and retained a rigid poker face all night. He looked like a Commander in Chief; Obama looked like a lawyer. Who would you rather vote for?......"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100186053/romney-won-the-presidential-debate-by-looking-presidential-obama-had-a-painful-case-of-bidens-smile/

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

No contest. Give me some of the rump sprung, or kill me!

no booty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit