Jesus' parousia started in 1975, Governing Body selected as Faithful and Discreet Slave and Evil Slave dealt with by 1980, and Armageddon arrives in 2015?

by JWB 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWB
    JWB

JESUS' PAROUSIA STARTED IN 1975, GOVERNING BODY SELECTED AS FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE AND EVIL SLAVE DEALT WITH BY 1980, ARMAGEDDON ARRIVES IN 2015?

It seems to me that some New Light needs to be generated if the Governing Body (GB) of JWs is to be considered as the Faithful and Discreet Slave (FDS).

1. (a) GB needs to be around as an entity when selected by Jesus during his parousia. (b) This would require that the parousia start no earlier than the early 1970's.

2. (a) A theological argument based on Biblical chronology is needed to point to time period 1b. (b) The only argument I can think of that fits in with known WTS doctrine would be the end of 6,000 years of human existence on planet earth in 1975.

3. (a) The Evil Slave would have to be separated from the FDS after the selection of the FDS. (b) The only major incident in the WTS's history that equates with the time period pointed to in 2b would be the 1980 'Ray Franz incident' and the subsequent parting of the ways of many JWs from the WTS.

4. (a) A Biblical generation of 40 years harvest work that sees the 'conclusion of the system of things' which culminates in Armageddon (this would be similar to Charles Taze Russell's chronology). (b) According to the current line of reasoning, this would occur around about 2015.

If this doctrine appears in any of the official publications of the WTS, please remember where you read it first! Thank you

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds as good as anything coming out of ny, these days.

S

• Clam
    Clam

Great stuff! So Millions now living will (may) never die ?

• JWB
    JWB

Thanks Satanus, but when you've lived most of your life in the organization you start to get a feel for prophecy!

Clam, I think the American brothers will probably go for 'will', but the British ones will probably go for 'may' (until HQ tells them to be more confident).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I used to think that when I was a JW. Forty year from 1975 to Armageddon, not because it is a generation, but as an equivalent of the forty years the Israelites spent wandering the wilderness, and as a punishment for the leaders who promoted 1975, and who like Moses would not personally see the promised land. I never shared my personal theory with others, as I doubt it would have gone down well.

• Satanus
    Satanus

40 yrs makes a lot of sense, cuz 40 units time period is used over and over in the bible.

S

• JWB
    JWB

Of course, there is another view to consider. What if Ray Franz and company were the FDS and as such proclaimed to JWs (as part of "God's household") to get out of "Babylon the Great" (the WTS)? My, my, you could have a field day with this subject!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I lost my "give a shit" for that stuff long ago.

zed

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

Sounds quite good to me, but the weakness could be the date for big A: "2015" .

GB will have soon, in few years time, to justify a failure and will need to shine "new light"

accordingly at 2016 Annual Meeting ...

• sir82
    sir82

We laugh, but if a Bethel heavy or other bigshot expressed this as a private view, it would be spread like wildfire overnight. There would be a buzz in the JW community not seen since the early 70's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit