Dawkins' new documentary is now on Youtube

by oldlightnewshite 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thanks for putting up the link Oldlight and for linking that Heaven...I'm marking to watch tonight....

• Satanus
    Satanus

NC said: 'There is a difference between influencing and imposing.'

True. The only way to really know how pushy the guy really is, is if a person has frequent contact w him. Having been jws, we think it's natural to talk to people about their beliefs, even if it's just out of curiosity. However, some people don't like talking about their beliefs or lack of belief, period. They consider it to be a private matter, and to be left alone. I think that people who care have a natural tendency to try to influence.

S

• still thinking
    still thinking

Satanus...People who want to be left alone with their beliefs don't discuss them...so how could you even get in a discussion with someone about their beliefs if they weren't discussing it in the first place? The discussion would end as quick as it started.

It's not like anyone (apart from some christians) stop people on the street and ask them what they believe and try to converse with them about it.

He is discussing belief WITH people who want to discuss it too.

People who consider it to be a private matter ARE left alone. We don't even know who they are or what they believe because they don't say.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sounds like you know who you're talking about.

S

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Great video! Thanks to whoever posted this.

I wouldn't have any problem showing this to my wife. This is the "kinder, gentler" Dawkins showing through here, and I'm sure that's no accident.

For anyone interested, Steven Pinker's "Better Angels of Our Nature" is a great but challenging read. Lots of statistics, but very interesting stuff.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Enjoyed the video. I guess the WTS is viewing those of us who have left the borg as "otherness," not part of them so we don't count. I know my jw cousin told a family relative that " I was not family, that I was nothing," even though we are first cousins. I guess at least I am considered "otherness" by my family.

PHG

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Since the first word is "sex", does this mean we are going to get "traditional sex roles are innate" BS?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I will say this Dawkins is being more reasonable and gentler in this video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit