How many non-believers on the inside

by biblecheck 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

It's quite simple to understand the dynamics of why the number of "stuck-in's" is so high.

You are the husband of one wife, you have family and friends all around you who are JWs. If you decide to "burn the bridge down" on your way out, you are at the mercy of Time. How much time on average, for the lightbulb to click on, "something's strange about the over-lap gen"?

JWs are not as forgiving as you might think, some thrieve off pain and suffering, judging others as evil. Your viewers on Youtube need to calculate what is their freedom worth? Is the value of pretending better than losing all contact with my wife and family (brothers and sisters, cousins, nephews, nieces, aunts, uncles, conditional-life-long friends).

Plenty of JWs have businesses that require interaction with other dubs, other's rely on the fellow dubs for work, help and comfort. Too many variables and emotional ties to count the cost of, not a easy choice for anyone.

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

It's quite simple to understand the dynamics of why the number of "stuck-in's" is so high.

You make some valid points, ÁrbolesdeArabia, about why people stay in...fear is a major part of it...and my guess is there are probably many more complex, unfathomable reasons why people stay.

HOOOOWWWWEVER...

I would really, really, reeeeaaaally LOVE to know if there is a really like cool secret CABAL operate just below the surface, on the INSIDE, working day and night with laser like focus to bring down The Watchtower and being to an end all of its evil fruits of the Devil - (yes and I do mean just like the FRU-ETS of the DEV-EEL. E-VEEL)

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

No cabal. No fifth column. Just people like me, as described above, stuck in and looking for a clean way out that does not result in emotional shipwreck for my family. I'm not even sure if it's really possible.

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

-->No cabal. No fifth column. Just people like me, as described above, stuck in and looking for a clean way out that does not result in emotional shipwreck for my family.

Yeah that's what I am thinking too. I know I couldn't hide inside The Watchtower.

Leaving The Watchtower, even contemplating it, is always difficult and circumstances vary so what's good for one may not be for another. Personally, once I came to the understanding "this is not God's organization" it was frightening and I deliberated...no I procrastinated...for a long time....months. Being a second generation JW, I had a lot of friends around me, but it's not like you can really discuss your options with anyone - right?

One night I thought of all the people I had met over the years who had made huge sacrifices to become a JW - they had to conquer personal fears plus handle the emotional traumas and rejection by family and friends to become a baptised JW. As a Witness I had expected this of my bible students as part of the process - so why couldn't I do the same myself? It was then I realised I was living by a double standard, and being a coward. I had to make a decision - so I walked through the possible worst case scenarios...

For me, I knew that the worst scenario was being one of those "ghosts" who rarely (or never) goes out in FS, often misses meetings but still partakes in the association. Not an option. I knew I couldn't look another brother in the eye and smile while thinking "I don't believe what you believe". Not being honest with myself or to others, well I knew that really is a BS way to live - and doesn't bring happiness to anyone. I came to the final conclusion, that while leaving would cause anguish, tears and pain for my family - anything was better than living a lie. So I left and never went back. THAT's when my life changed for the better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit