In a judicial hearing does the accused have the right to face his accusers?

by solomon 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• solomon
    solomon

There is no jc yet Ray. I am doing my homework just in case.

You have inspired many with your courage Ray by not giving them any power over you. A modern day Luther.

I believe I was in the hall where the publicized jc was held. Makes me feel all special.

• flipper
    flipper

SOLOMON- You have a right to even take eyewitnesses of your innocence with YOU to the JC meeting to uphold your story. Most JW's do NOT know this as it is in the elders " shepherd the flock " book. But that's what the WT society wants- dumbed down JW's who don't understand their rights or are kept from knowing their rights. Fight em bro. Don't back down. I took an eyewitness to my JC back in 2007 and I won, had the JC overturned for lack of evidence against me. Plus I threatened them with a lawsuit. Bethel legal overturned my DFing and told the elders to leave me be. If you cause enough of a ruckus they won't want to mess with you especially from a legal angle. Good luck to you ! Peace out, mr. Flipper

• 00DAD
    00DAD

From "Shepherd the Flock of God", pp. 2. 89-90:

2. The chairman should invite the accused to make a personal statement. If the accused contends that he is innocent, the witnesses to the wrongdoing should be presented and their their testimony should be given in the presence of the accused. It is best that the witnesses give their testimony in person. ... The accused should be given opportunity to respond to the testimony. If he wishes to present witnesses to establish his innocence, the judicial committee should allow them to give their testimony.

3. Hear only witnesses who have relevant testimony regarding the alleged wrongdoing. ... The witnesses shoud not hear details and testimony of other witnesses. Observers should not be present for moral support. Recording devices should not be allowed. - [Emphasis in original]

Notice this little gem from the Elders' manual:

4. In the rare event that testimony presented during the hearing causes the judicial committee to conclude that the matter should not be handled judicially, the hearing should be suspended. - Shepherd the Flock, p. 90 - [Emphasis added]

Don't you love the way they describe it as a "rare event" that testimony heard during a JC would prove someone's innocence!

This pretty much proves that in most cases the decision is made BEFORE the judicial hearing even starts, the procedure is just a formality.

• solomon
    solomon

This pretty much proves that in most cases the decision is made BEFORE the judicial hearing even starts, the procedure is just a formality.

Sadly I think that you are correct. The decision has already been made before the hearing has even begun.

• solomon
    solomon

One more thing.

Has anyone ever threatened a lawsuit against a WITNESS at a hearing if they are/were lying?

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Depends if they are following the rules! Know the rules and insist on them

This does not always work. I called the elders on it, pointed out that the rules they were citing were wrong. It made them even angrier and more determined to make me pay.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You will never see your accusers and seldom know who they are. Thats the standard no matter what the Society says. I've only known of a few that ever knew who accused them.

• solomon
    solomon

You will never see your accusers and seldom know who they are. Thats the standard no matter what the Society says. I've only known of a few that ever knew who accused them.

so you're basically saying I'm screwed

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

HAHAHAHAHA you said "rights"

seriously, you'd have more rights facing a North Korean interrogation squad

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The JC's are nothing but a circus. They have already decided your guilt. They just want you on your knees begging for mercy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit