Notes from Safeguard Your Mind assembly - day 1

by raxxxx 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Thought the program was rather "vanilla" compared to what I envisioned given the theme. I thought the DC this year was far more mind controll-y than this one. Bland propaganda and the same old clichés

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Let me get this straight:

• District Convention 2012: Safeguard your Heart
    • Circuit Assembly 2012: Safeguard you Mind

I'm noticing a pattern here ...

What will the Special Assembly Day be? Anyone know?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"Safeguard your relationship to the Governing Body"

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This assemble exemplifies that a bunch of over the hill guys(GB) are haveing a hard time in the information age. It was so much more simpler back in the days of thier youth to run a delusional based organization, thier magazines and books written at about a 2nd grade level no longer have appeal except for the most imdroctrinated and simple minded. No wonder that want every body to safe guard thier mind from an education it makes it so much easier to run an organization based and steeped in delusion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We are Jehovah's Witnesses first. That should be our culture.

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

Brain – mind is an amazing faculty, far more superior to any machine or a computer. That is because it can think. It can reason.

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Thanks for sharing.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

The more distance I get from that hogwash the more criminal it seems. When will they pass around the Kool-Aid?

Thank you, Raxxx. I'm sure you were screaming on the inside.

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

I shall post my notes from the second day in a few hours. I promise you it is a bit more edgy to the first day... It's still nothing too cutting edge though. It seems to me that all of the talks had very little substance... but a lot of repetitions. It has been quite a struggle it has to be said. Most of the speakers had no charisma whatsoever. And the cheap laughs they have managed to get from the audience, were at the weirdest moments... It really did for the first time strike me, as being in a cult environment....

• Emery
    Emery

Sorry you had to endure that, but you did put the bad situation into a good cause :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit