Have you ever worked with someone famous or relatives of any celebrity?

by Iamallcool 52 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

I'm with Shirley on those names - lol.

@ten years after: Please tell us more details about your Michael Jackson story.

@jws: OMG! An American Movie reference! Genius - love those idiots. ;-)

For my own brushes with fame: I was on vacation with my daughter in NYC when 9/11 happened. On 9/9/01, we passed Janeane Garofalo on the street. It was late and dark and we were trying to find a bathroom. When Janeane was walking toward us, she and I made eye contact and smiled at each other, but I didn't say anything and I squeezed my daughter's hand, trying to be all cool and nonchalant whilst I alerted my kid to the celebrity spotting, and my daughter squeezed my hand back in an "I love you, too" kinda way, cuz that's how we roll. She never did see Janeane. I think she was happy because there was a McDonald's across the street where she could use the twalet.

Years later, we also saw Mario Van Peebles and Timothy Hutton filming a movie on the streets of NYC. We walked by when they were wrapping the film and they started celebrating and all the extras/crew were hugging Mario and dissing Timothy Hutton.

Met Willie Gault and Tim Brown on one of my ex-husband's photo shoots.

"Met" many baseball players when I lived a double life. Mickey Hatcher and Kirby Puckett (rip) ftw.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thanks Mouthy! :)

Successful people are usually very positive and friendly.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

@James Brown: Hulk Hogan is the spokesman for one of my employer's main clients. Did you know that hair/bandana is a piece?

Oh, yeah, I forgot about John Madden. He was the spokesman for another client. I had to Photoshop his teeth. I made 'em real purty.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I worked for several months for Terry Gilliam (Monty Python, directed "12 Monkies"......)

He was wonderful to work for. He signed a special edition DVD copy of "Search For the Holy Grail" for my son. He told me I was "exquisite."

He was filming a movie around our town. I found out later it was "Tideland" Really weird flick.

• smiddy
    smiddy

ShirleyW & hemp lover

Where have you been all your life ?

Eh? , I am from down under and we do have celebrities here you know ,politicians , TV personalities ,conservationists , etc. even an astronaught ! ,though I never met him,sadly.

However I am surprised you dont know Jillian Armanante ? a fellow american ? maybe her most prominent role was Donna in Judging Amy , in aussie land anyway , however she has been involved in a lot more than that, movies, theartre , behind the scenes ,productions and producing. And she had a bit role in the latest Batman movie . Meeting her, I am a fan of Jillian Armanante .

smiddy

• besty
    besty

met Bryan Adams in his house in London, around the same time met Sharleen Spiteri lead singer from Texas, also met The Beautiful South

Hugh Jackman sat at the next table in the private dining room on the Fox Movie lot in LA - wouldn't have been cool to talk to him :-) Joan Collins came in another time...she is tiny.

Maria Sharapova made the occasional appearance at my local bar in Hermosa Beach, LA

I love seeing celebs - :-)

• Scott77
    Scott77

Who did stay at Michael Jackson's Neverland in CA?

Scott77

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Working in the real estate industry I have met some big names in the mortgage/banking industry. I worked with ex-Ginnae Mae President Joe Murin who was appointed by President Bush. He was a really nice guy. Have also had dealings with Jamie Dimon of JPMC and Brian Moynihan of Bank of America. Didn't get much of an impression of them. Only set up meetings. But I am sure they are turds.

Saw Tom Cruise and his family in a local burger joint when he was filming one of his movies. I think it was Mission Impossible.

I met Jerome Bettis in an airport while waiting for my grandmothers flight to come in (yes before all of the security nonsense and you could wait in the terminal).

Met Mario Lemieux. I was only 4 or 5 and I was told I said "Aren't you that guy who is always on tv?" and he just laughed.

Met comedian Bill Gardell in a local pizza joint.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I worked for the telephone company in Hollywood in the late 1960s and early 70s. I installed and repaired phones at homes and apartments all over Hollywood, West Hollywood and Beverly Hills. I was enamored of celebrities and movie stars at first, but after a while they are just like everyone else - just customers. I must say, however, that there were a few standouts that I remember well:

Repaired some phones at Burt Reynolds' home. This was right after his "Dan August" days. He was married to Judy Carne (the "Laugh-In" girl with the English accent). He was famous, but not yet a big star. He wasn't wearing his toupe.

Had to put in a phone in a very difficult valley area in the Hollywood Hills for Liam Dunn. Lived in the very nice basement area of his mother's house. Didn't recognize him at first because of the roles he played. He was on TV all the time, played the mayor in "Blazing Saddles," was the judge in "What's Up Doc?" with Barbara Streisand, and played a small part in "Young Frankenstein." But he was in tons of TV shows over the years. He was only in his 40s when I met him, but he looked like he was 70.

I did some work for Sonny and Cher when they just started. They had matching Mustangs with fake wood grain in the notches in the cars' sides. Sonny was very nice and Cher was extremely shy.

Davey Jones of the Monkees and I crossed Hollywood Blvd. at Gower St. together. I was 5'10" and felt like I towered over him. He was going for some breakfast and asked me if I had any suggestions. I suggested he try Norm's coffee shop and then we walked the six or eight blocks together. We chatted and I really liked him. Very down to earth.

I put in a phone for "Ukelele Ike," Cliff Edwards, in the care facility he was at just before he died in 1971. He had a long career as a singer and actor, but was best known for his voice work at Disney Studios. He played Jimminy Cricket and sang the most famous version of "When you wish upon a star" in "Pinocchio." A sweet man, he asked me to come back and just visit him sometime. He promised to play his guitar for me, but he died before I could get back to see him on my own time. He WAS Jimminy Cricket!

There were so many - and I don't want to bore you. I helped the telephone crews that worked at Columbia, Paramount, and Goldwyn studios. I also worked on the old RKO lot (was Desilu at that time) where they made the "Mission Impossible" TV shows. Got to meet all of those folks. The big guy who rarely had any lines in the show was the friendliest to me, but all of the crew and actors were very pleasant. Just working inside the sound stages pulling cable (they had to be installed, moved, and removed after each production company had the soundstages). Saw a lot of commercials made at Goldwyn and met Barbara Feldon (Get Smart) and a very young Farrah Fawcett when they were just getting started.

The most memorable celebrities I met were Mae West, Marlon Brando, Jack LaLanne, and Robert Culp.

I would go to Mae West's penthouse apartment in the top floor of the building she owned on Rossmore Drive to repair a phone on occasion (long cords would get tangled). The apartment was decorated in white, with fuzzy white rugs and carpet. I only saw her a couple of times (she was quite old by then). She always had a young, handsome man, acting as her "assistant."

Marlon Brando lived up in the Hollywood Hills. I only remember him for one thing. He was naked and wearing a long, heavy robe completely open in the front. He came off as gruff and unfriendly when I met him. He told me to "get to it, get it fixed, and get out."

Besides Cliff Edwards, my favorites were Jack LaLanne and Robert Culp. Here are articles I wrote a few years ago for another website of mine. I think you will find them "educational" and somewhat different than the usual celebrity pieces found in fan magazines.

http://justoneopinion.com/jack-lalanne-turns-95

http://justoneopinion.com/robert-culp-r-i-p

I had some good times in those days. Both Hollywood and the phone company are not what they were - and they are the worse for it.

JV

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Oh, yes. Many times.

But I'm not going to show off.

Not that anyone here is dong that, that's just my excuse...oh gosh, I don't want to cause any offence anywhere to anyone! I feel as though this forum has become very very sensitive this week.......

Palmtree, how fantastic to have worked with a member of Monty Python!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit