Captain America and The Avengers!

by Cold Steel 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Does the WTS oppose movies such as Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers on the basis of Thor/Loki's godhood and Captain America's patriotic bent? Or do they let artistic license slide for such movies?

How about super hero movies in general?

"Oh, when Captain America throws his mighty shield...."

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

They cant police everything, but theres enough literature on violent entertainment that the WT has printed for you to know how they feel about the avengers. I dont how effective that literature is though, cuz i know more than few elders, ministerial servants and pioneers that loved all of those films.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They do not approve of the Black Widow's skill set... but I do!!!! Seriously, I have not heard any negative talk in my area. Now Hunger Games was another story. There were Elders making it know that their children would not see it. I didn't pay too much attention to what eventually happened. They may have changed their minds after finding out what the movie was about. Avengers hasn't raised any flags that I know of. Of course all the Harry Potter ones are blacklisted, and the Twilight series is a no,no. Lord of the Rings is a toss up. I know of a couple C.O's who hate Avatar. You never know what will set them off, I prefer the Don't ask, don't tell movie policy. I thought Avengers was cool, my only complaint was that The Hulk didn't get enough screen time. I could watch him smash stuff for at least an hour..

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

lol, dont ask, dont tell! thats the best way to put it DD!

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

My husband and I took our children (preteen/teenage) to see The Avengers. We all LOVED it. I heard of other elders seeing it and liking the movie as well. We also own it now.

The Hunger Games we saw as well. Not only that, but I, as well as my husband, read the book. There's been talk against it (don't know if that is an official WT stance or some brothers injecting their own opinion of it) and my husband and I had to keep it hush, hush that we watched and read the movie and book (and enjoyed them a lot)! We discussed them a lot as well. My husband said they just misunderstood the premise of the story.

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

Actually, we read the Hunger Games sequel books as well

• elderelite
    elderelite

Oh let me tell you..... When i was at bethell a good friend of mine was sent home for reading.... Commics. Yes commics. The talk given to the 'family' said comics "desensitize you to uglyness and are inappropriate for christians".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Jehovah hates violence."

• botchtowersociety
  • sickandtired
    sickandtired

That part was absolutely hilarious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit