Another doozie from DO Brown Payne about "many JW's compromising their neutrality" and voting for Obama

by oppostate 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I can definiitely see Payne saying that, we have not had our circuit assembly yet.

This guy is a doozy the last few assemblies he had people up in arms saying from the platform numerous times that (with emphasis) homeosexuals were/are digusting. Also, he was relating an experience and said "m-efer" (lmore than once). He did not say mother f*cker but to many "m-efer" was just as bad. I got a kick out of it and leaned to my husband that I guess I can say that word now. I know for a fact that Bethel was called on these incidents and he was talked to. This guy is a loose canon and can be very condescending. Always makes sure we know his past as the OP listed. In addition, Payne was a lawyer I beleive in Michigan. I have heard he does not like New Englanders and makes a point to try and ruffle feathers.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Blondie is right - this is right on the border of a religious leader telling people who to vote for, or actively campaigning from the pulpit.

Not that the U.S. has ever DONE much of anything about this, of course.

As a matter of fact, though, I would not doubt that some JWs (black or other) actually did go against the rules and voted for Obama in 2008.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Only idiots vote in a tragedy called elections set up by the dictators of this world.

NOLAW

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I was a believing, though inactive JW when I voted for the first time in 2008. It wasn't that I was so taken with Obama, although i did like him, Sarah Palin scared me. Anyway I just told myself that I chose to interpret the scripture about being no part of the world differently. I became an apostate in 2008 without even realizing it, lol!

• biblecheck
    biblecheck

...and what I got from The Watchtower after decades of cash donations, building halls, door knocking, giving talks and other unpaid services in slavery to the FDS is, "Nuttin Honey!"

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

BROWN PAIN!!!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

i cant stop laughing :D

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

CB, do you know any more details on Payne being a lawyer?

He gave the typical anti-college talk, a while ago. I'd be curious if he is a college grad......

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In the U K it is a legal requirement to be on the Electoral Roll, as we call it , so dubs do appear on it. It has practical benefits too since credit companies have access and if you are not on it, they think that you do not really live where you say you do, and turn you down.

Having registered, dubs just do not vote on polling day. However, there has been on line discussion about this in view of the WTS comments that say it is a personal choice. The conclusion seems to be that Witnessess do not do it- they are nuetral in politics. If however, a dub got found out it seems to be no longer an offense that gets you d/a'd - just strong counsel.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Maybe it is time we had a little review of the real scriptural reason that JWs do not vote.

Is this scriptural at all?

The only consistent answer I have heard is - "be no part of the world"

That is not specific. You could arguably make the case that having a drivers license or owning property is being "part of the world". Paying taxes could be called being a part of the world - and that is demonstrably OK.

You could also arguably say that nowhere in the scriptures is there a single word about voting in a democratically elected government.

The real truth about this issue is that it all relates back to Rutherford and his absolute hatred of governmental authority - and nothing else.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

He once (during his CO visit) asked a family member of mine to read a verse from the song of solomon...........

This person started getting flustered from the sexual innuendo in the verse and started giggling.

You should have seen the look in his face! and after the meeting he made alot of inquiries

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit