DO Brown Payne tells SA audience Serena Williams "disciplined" by her local elders for swearing on TV

by oppostate 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Did he mention how she was disciplined for posing in nude pictures ?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    Did he mention how she was disciplined for posing in nude pictures ?

That case remains open: they are still reviewing the evidence!

• Satanus
    Satanus

So swearing is a 'disciplining' offence? Public nudity is ok. Seems like a case of ignoring the camel and killing the gnat.

S

Ps, i vote for a good ass smacking discipline.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

lol Gl tirebreaker!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like a DO wandering off of the reservation!

In reality, she is untouchable. Not baptized, tons of cash. What can they do to her? If they tried anything, they would be facing a ton of bad publicity, and that is the last thing they want.

Her daddy sits in the stands with his "Jehovahs is my God" polo shirt and probably counts all three hours as FS time while she plays. Meanwhile, loyal JWs get to talk the next day about what a great and grand witness Daddy Serena is there in the bleachers with his custom JW polo. So weird!

• Satanus
    Satanus

If she resists the ass smack, then she should be tied up, first.

S

• smiddy
    smiddy

Can somebody else verify this ? No offence oppostate ,just need verification from another source .

smiddy

• Room 215
    Room 215

No biggie.... her run-in with the elders was mentioned in a profile published in the New York Times Sunday Magazine a month or so ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What is the problem about swearing, if it is accidental or if justified? Sometimes you get presidents that swear in public--occasionally. And the media makes a big deal about it. Once, Bush said the S word on TV and the media made a big deal out of it. Osama Obama was heard to use racial slur against Israelites. Had the media not made a big deal out of it, people would not realize it. Mistakes are mistakes, and once in a while a swear word is justified.

Do they think Scumney Romney is going to be perfect either? Remember, he is a Mor[m]on, which is another cult. That guy is just as likely to say a "bad" word and be caught on TV, then have a big deal made out of it. This is like a child trying to get his daddy to swear so he can make a big deal out of it. People in public offices need to be cut at least a little slack for mistakes they make--judge them by how well they handle things (like if Scumney Romney starts doing bad things against their country), not whether they make mistakes.

As for Williams swearing on TV, I have heard witlesses swear plenty of times. And not mistakes, either. Once a witless repeated to me some counsel he gave a co-worker under him. He repeated it, so it was not a "heat of the moment" mistake. He told the co-worker that this is the sxxxtiest job he has seen. The co-worker said "You mean the crappiest job". The witless retorted, "No, I mean the sxxxtiest job" (the actual word edited as per forum guidelines). Nothing was done about that.

If they simply let slip-ups be, they disappear. If they keep making a big fuss about them, it magnifies the damage they can do. Swearing is not going to bring shame and reproach on the organization. But if they keep making a fuss about it, the fuss will.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There was no breach of confidentiality because it never happened.

That DO sounds like an idiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit