CONDITIONAL Love

by Meadow36 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy
    smiddy

wha happened ?

I`m just curious , as to why anybody on this site would advertise themselves on FB for being on this board ! ? . Maybe it`s just me ,but I don`t find FB user freindly or beneficial to those who use it. But then again I am over 70 , and maybe that explains it .

smiddy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Facebook has been great for finding old friends and lost relatives!

I'm on it every day and as long as you use proper security safeguards and common sense, it's not harmful.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Facebook is evil because it's a huge timesink, it requires constant maintenance to make sure your security is right and you get 8 billion spammy emails every week and it's also evidence....

• perfect1
    perfect1

Used to be Intelligence would have to dig to trace a persons an entire social network, incl. location, age, and photo identification.

Now its property of FB.

• flipper
    flipper

MEADOW- Just want to let you know that we really care about you and your freedom of mind. The thing I found when joining this board over 5 years ago is that I've made many UNCONDITIONAL friends who respect me and like me for who I am as a person- and respect my different views on things. The cool thing about this board is that we are NOT all clones of one another . Individuality runs pretty common here. Which is a good thing. Variety of opinions and takes on life are how we gain knowledge and learn.

Unlike what we experienced as a JW. We were " liked " if we'd raise our hand and comment at meetings. We were " liked " if we went out in field service and remembered to turn our time in at the end of the month. We were " liked " if we gave our scheduled Ministry school talks. As a Witness it was all about the WT functions that we did on behalf of the WT society. As a JW it didn't matter that we were kind, loving, or helped older ones or disabled in the congregation- those things were NOT important because they were not WT functions- those are HUMANE functions which make us real and caring as a genuine, authentic human being . Something WT leaders are not very familiar with or don't consider important. The important thing to WT leaders are how JW members perform WT functions - and THAT is the criteria used in calling them a " good " person.

Just know that we are here for you my friend . We care about you unconditionally . Take care. Hang in there, O.K. ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

MEADOW- You have a PM my friend . Look forward to hearing from you ! Take care

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What the dolphin said!

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Hey Meadow,

I will be your friend, too! Got kicked in the teeth just like you, and it still happens

I am not on FB but I can be friends here, do you golf?

• Meadow36
    Meadow36

Flipper(s)! OOdad!! My buds! I don't quite have the rhythm down of keeping up with my posts and friends here! But, wow, you 2 and Mrs Flip have really started to show me a new way to care about people. Warm thoughts to you all!

@dreamgolfer- no, but I have had a whack at it at the driving range...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit