What the Domestics part of the "new light" can / will create

by Gorbatchov 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

True, but he would probably have said the same thing to Rutherford in 1935, right?

True

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I partly agree with you, but as I theorised in an earlier post on another thread, rather than say that the great crowd also have a heavenly hope, they will say that all of the 'domestics' being the anointed and other sheep, are all in the new covenant and can partake of the emblems regardless of whether it is their hope to live forever in the new earth or new heavens to come.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I partly agree with you, but as I theorised in an earlier post on another thread, rather than say that the great crowd also have a heavenly hope, they will say that all of the 'domestics' being the anointed and other sheep, are all in the new covenant and can partake of the emblems regardless of whether it is their hope to live forever in the new earth or new heavens to come.

An interesting alternative to saying that the 144,000 is not literal. However, once you have said everybody can partake, and that only the GB is really the Faithful & Discrete Slave - doesn't it kind of make the 144,000 number obsolete anyway? What difference does the 144,000 make with these changes? I guess it depends on which they want to hold on to the most - the exclusive "New Covenant", or the "literal 144,000". Logically, of course, both of these are practically out the window when the 144,000 remnant is no longer the F&DS. Monumental doctrinal change - and practically none of them even realize it.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

James. No, not at all. The 144,000 are still the only ones who go to heaven to sit on thrones to rule with Christ. They are the only ones in the covenant for a kingdom but everyone is in the new covenant. In other words, the 'covenant for a kingdom' is for the 144k only who go to heaven, but the 'new covenant' is for all the domestics, whether they hope to go to heaven or live forever on earth. Partaking of the emblems is announced as available for all the domestics.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, maybe. That would save the literal 144,000 number (at the expense of confusion about who is really going to heaven), but at the expense of dumping the precious restricted "New Covenant" idea.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Maybe they will say that the 144,000 are those that die a martyrs death.

Rev. 14:4 "These are the ones that follow the Lamb no matter where he goes."

Rev. 12:11 "and they did not love their souls even in the face of death>"

Rev. 6: 11 "And a white robe was given to each of them; and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled

also of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed as they also had been."

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Or they could say that the 144,000 is a modern-day group of anointed ones that has only existed since 1919 who come out of the 12 tribes of Israel which represents the whole organisation, ie, the domestics, and the 'great crowd' represents both groups together.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Split the differance: everyone partakes, 144k is litteral but is only fds 'class' comprise it

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Split the differance: everyone partakes, 144k is litteral but is only fds 'class' comprise it

But wait - haven't they already said that the 144K are NOT the Faithful and Discrete Slave? After all, (I guess) they are still saying that there were people of the 144K before 1919, but no F&DS before that date... This stupid "new light" is getting more confusing by the day.

• designs
    designs

yadda yadda- The JW version of a limited New Covenant was the brain child the authors of RICHES in 1935. If this new theory plays out the anointed now partaking get a little demotion and the other sheep (wood gatherers) get to feel included at Memorial. There's throwing a bone at the masses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit