What the Domestics part of the "new light" can / will create

by Gorbatchov 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Thinking a lot last days about the new light about the FDS, today I got an idea about the following.

- both the 1) annointed and 2) the rank and file witness aka Great Crowd are now part of the Domestics.

So, in practice, it doesn't matter you have a heavenly or and earthly hope for the future.

Because, the Domestics can have a heavenly or an earthly hope.

What I think is that this part of the new light sets open the gates for jehovahs witnesses with a heavenly hope.

And more in future: how longer the "new systems of things" will stay away, the watchtower can switch to a doctrine with only a heavenly hope, "living for ever in a paradise in heaven".

What do you think about this?!?

Gorby

• Gayle
    Gayle

The GB can change anything they want to in the next "93 years" also.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It may be very far out on the guessing limb, but I really am starting to think (along with some others here) that the JW leadership is staging a really great shift in doctrine:

I think it is increasingly likely that they will suddenly realize that "apparantly, the 144,000 number is not a literal number after all".

This new FDS explanation is a logic step toward that possibility: Now, even if a lot of people start partaking (which in fact they are) - it will not be a violation of prophecy that they would die out after 1935, and it will not make every Tom Dick and Harry think he is part of the Faithful & Discrete Slave. Then, everybody who wants to can partake of the emblems, and nobody will think anything about it.

Even further out in outer JW space - it may posibly be disconnected from the "heavenly versus earthly hope" - that is, people can partake if they so feel inclined, but still be free to choose either heavenly hope or earthly hope. No, it makes no sense to anybody not in JW land, but they have repeatedly proven that they can teach anything they want and have the witness people swallow it hook line and sinker.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I wouldn't be at all surprised now if they made the 144k symbolic. The 'logic' defending it as a literal number has always been goofy.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yep James. Crazy is on the menu with 'dubs, and they sure have an appetite for it

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Alternatively, they could emphasise it's a heavenly hope and not a heavenly certainty. Only the best, most exemplary specimens will go to make up the Little Flockers. Being of the anointed doesn't ensure you of a seat at the top table, just gets you nominated to go through to the next round of the selection process. Just think of it like the X-Factor with Big J in the Simon Cowell role.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sounds like the Princess Bride. "He's only mostly dead....."

• stillin
    stillin

but...but...then the previous teachings would have been (gasp!) apostate ideas!

• Gayle
    Gayle

It might give some the possibility that maybe some of their loved ones went to heaven after all, even tho they didn't 'partake' (because maybe the deceased didn't realize any choice factor). May comfort some the thought that their loved one may have passed on to a better life already and are not just dissipated out there 'somewhere' or just in a grave area all these years/decades 'waiting' to be resurrected.

Anyway, this change opens up some ideas. These changes and time probably have put many into a "shrugging" mode.

I think with this "93 years later" change, will cause some to ponder 'what else will/can change?' about 'any' of it from the GB.

• Fencing
    Fencing

A step towards making the 144,000 figurative is exactly what this is. The question is, how long before they do it? I'd say within 5 years. Especially if the partakers numbers keep increasing.

Although, telling partakers that they are no longer anything special might have a chilling effect on rising numbers. With this change, I'd expect to see this year's numbers increase again, with next year's memorial leveling out or declining. Don't underestimate the number of newer partakers who, at least in the back of their minds, really dug the idea of being part of distributing the "food at the proper time". Now that's been taken away, some might just rethink their "anointed-ness".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit